Quantizing bug?

RickBenbow
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Something odd is occuring. When I record something and use the quantization (eg 1/16) in the region inspector it works fine; also when I use the local inspector in Piano Roll editor. But when I use the quantisation in Score edit it quantises to 1/8. This is audio not display - I've checked that. This has started happening in the last couple of weeks on all projects (including a newly created one shown in the screenshots) - before that it worked as normal. I must have changed something but for thge life of me I can't work out what. The accompanying screenshots show before and after pressing the Q button in region inspector…

See more

393403249_10159948055763299_2982933809669523208_n.jpg

393362241_10159948056358299_3898964158393020715_n.jpg

40 minutes ago, RickBenbow said:

I must have changed something but for thge life of me I can't work out what.

It's not something you did - the swing parameter changed in behaviour in recent versions. Previously, swing was positive only, and a percentage from 0% (no swing) to 100% (full swing).

Now, it's in line with the region inspector swing parameter - 50% swing = no swing. 0% is full swing backwards, and 100% is full swing forwards.

So set your editor quantize swing parameter to 50 for no swing.

• Like 1