Show Channels for Tracks with Data at the Cursor Position (arrange and mixer window)

user01

this feature, in projects with very crowded channels, only shows the current relevant regions and channels in the mixer while moving the cursor position and does this instantly, a great feature that we would like to see this in logic pro

image.thumb.png.df3be3d853ce7be3b7c8077254a902b3.png

Edited by user01

• user01 changed the title to Show Channels for Tracks with Data at the Cursor Position (arrange and mixer window)

You can *mostly* do this today (running Logic 10.7.9 here) using keyboard shortcuts and the View settings in the Mixer.

Press Option+K to open the Key Command Assignments Editor. Search for Hide/Show All Empty Tracks (this isn't assigned a key combo by default.) I set mine to Control+Option+Command+H. There's also key commands for Show\Hide Selected Tracks and Show\Hide Unselected Tracks. I set mine to Control+H and Shift+H, respectively.

In the Main window, use the key commands to toggle the view to just show tracks with regions, selected tracks, etc. My video in this post demonstrates navigating the Tracks window with the above key commands.

In the Mixer window, check View>Follow Track Stacks and Follow Hide options. Now the mixer will only show those tracks shown in the Track view.

Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 2.27.13 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 2.28.14 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 2.29.34 PM.png

Edited by eakwarren
clarity