Midi sync problem in 10.8.0 with templates

HoraceWimp

I have noticed a new problem in 10.8.0 - the project settings for the output of Midi-sync are not saved correctly in templates - in normal projects it works.
I noticed it because in my default template , which is activated immediately
 on Logic startup, I always output clock to the midi port where my Microcosm is connected. Since 10.8 Logic always hangs when loading, gives a midi_error message and changes the port to the first IAC driver.

I have checked this several times now, it is reproducible, no matter which song I use as a template. So it's not the project. 
Has anyone else noticed the problem?
OK, that's very special. I still have to check whether it also happens when I delete my prefs, but I won't be able to do that today - too late :-).
Either a bug in 10.8 (it doesn't happen in 10.7.9 - I tried) or /and something with my preferences.
Weird in any case

I have already tested this with a completely new, empty project - it behaves exactly like my standard template.
It works if i open it normally while Logic is already running, if it is set up directly as a start template, the midi port assignments change when Logic is started
I haven't tested deleting the preferences yet, I'll do that at the weekend - too much to do at the moment.
As a workaround, all sync port assignments in my template are off for now, and I turn them on when I need them. That works then.

p.s.  👍 thanks , signature corrected 😄

• Like 1

OK, I have now tested it with deleted, i.e. newly created preferences, and with a new, naked template.
Whenever the template is automatically loaded as the default template at startup and settings are made for the sync-midi driver, it changes to IAC1-Driver - and generates a Midi-TimeOut error message.

It is therefore independent of my settings and the template used.

If I open the same template manually later, this does not happen.

Has anyone else experienced this?

On 11/13/2023 at 6:17 AM, HoraceWimp said:

OK, I have now tested it with deleted, i.e. newly created preferences, and with a new, naked template.
Whenever the template is automatically loaded as the default template at startup and settings are made for the sync-midi driver, it changes to IAC1-Driver - and generates a Midi-TimeOut error message.

Great job and thank you. I can confirm if I turn all midi clocks off in a project that times out it opens fine. The other option is to open an old template, do nothing then open recent file from there and it works. I'm sure there will be a fix for it soon as we need the midi clock in our studios!