Edit multiple tracks at once (midi and/or audio)

ManFromNapa

Sometimes when I'm working on a project I find myself editing multiple tracks at a time.  Either to align multiple audio regions, or edit multiple midi regions.  For example:

Editing backup vocals to tighten them up with the lead vocal.  None of us in my band are trained singers, so sometimes the backup vocal need a little timing nudge in the editor.  I'd love to be able to line up multiple track so that I can edit them at once.  Also so that I can see the lead vocal tracks timing for reference.  (I know you can do this with Groove tracks, I haven't liked the results.)

The other example is with midi tracks.  If I need to change work on multiple tracks at once it would be nice to do them at the same time, and/or be able to see one track for reference.  

On 11/18/2023 at 12:43 AM, David Nahmani said:

You can edit multiple tracks at once: you can select multiple regions and nudge them together, or otherwise edit them together, or you can create a track group and enable "Editing" in the group settings to edit the regions as a group. 

I know I can do that.  The issue with the audio is that each track needs something different done to it.  I'd like to be able to see 1 track to use for reference as I edit the other track.

Maybe the answer is to get better recordings! LOL

7 hours ago, ManFromNapa said:

The issue with the audio is that each track needs something different done to it.  I'd like to be able to see 1 track to use for reference as I edit the other track.

Oh ok I misunderstood, so you want to see for example 2 tracks in the Audio Track editor? 

I personally rarely use the Audio Track editor, if I need to refer to one track while I edit another, I do that in the Tracks area.