Adapt tempo reset when adding EzDrummer loop

amusong

Hi

I am using Adapt Tempo to import an artist's scratch track and set up a click track that reflects his changes in tempo.  It is successful on the import as can be seen in the attached screen shot.  Then I want to set up a new MIDI track and import an EzDrummer loop onto it.  But when I do that the new tempo track from Adapt is then wiped and overwritten by the tempo of the ExDrummer track.  I don't want that to happen, and have tried looking at the project settings to prevent this to no avail. 

I also did the following.....imported the scratch track with Adapt switched on in the LCD display (adaptation to tempo was successful) and then switched "Adapt" to "Keep" in the LCD before importing the ExDrummer loop in.  Did not work.....the tempo track still changed to the tempo of hte ExDrummer loop. (See screen shot)

Then I restarted the process right from the beginning again, and with the scratch tempo successfully analysed and displayed I imported one of Logic's MIDI drum loops.  This one worked just fine.  The tempo track was unaltered and the Logic drum loop played according to the adapted tempo track.  (See screen shot)

I would really like to understand what's happening, and to be able to use EzDrummer loops with adapted project tempos.  Any ideas on what's going on here and how to fix it?

UPDATE - Cannot attach the screenshots after all because I cannot reduce the file size below 1.95 MB.  There is probably a way to reduce the file size but I do not know how.  Hopefully the above explanations will make the question clear.

3 hours ago, amusong said:

UPDATE - Cannot attach the screenshots after all because I cannot reduce the file size below 1.95 MB.  There is probably a way to reduce the file size but I do not know how.  Hopefully the above explanations will make the question clear.

Perhaps using a website file depository such as Dropbox and then paste the link in your post…

3 hours ago, amusong said:

Hi

I am using Adapt Tempo to import an artist's scratch track and set up a click track that reflects his changes in tempo.  It is successful on the import as can be seen in the attached screen shot.  Then I want to set up a new MIDI track and import an EzDrummer loop onto it.  But when I do that the new tempo track from Adapt is then wiped and overwritten by the tempo of the ExDrummer track.  I don't want that to happen, and have tried looking at the project settings to prevent this to no avail. 

I also did the following.....imported the scratch track with Adapt switched on in the LCD display (adaptation to tempo was successful) and then switched "Adapt" to "Keep" in the LCD before importing the ExDrummer loop in.  Did not work.....the tempo track still changed to the tempo of hte ExDrummer loop. (See screen shot)

Then I restarted the process right from the beginning again, and with the scratch tempo successfully analysed and displayed I imported one of Logic's MIDI drum loops.  This one worked just fine.  The tempo track was unaltered and the Logic drum loop played according to the adapted tempo track.  (See screen shot)

I would really like to understand what's happening, and to be able to use EzDrummer loops with adapted project tempos.  Any ideas on what's going on here and how to fix it?

Have you tried importing your "artist's scratch track" after EzDrummer?

Or perhaps

• import in ADAPT mode the "artist's scratch track".
  • SMPTE-lock it,
  • switch to KEEP mode,
  • import EzDrummer, 
  • SMPTE-unlock the "artist's scratch track".

Thanks Atlas 007.....what does SMPTE lock do and where can I find it?

With regard to importing the artists scratch track after EZ Drummer the way I thought that Adapt Tempo had to work was that it was the first track that was imported that had to be used to set the tempo and that all subsequent tracks had to be matched to the first track....that it did not work the other way round.  How do you understand the working of Adapt?  It's actually a bit of tricky thing to use I find. 

47 minutes ago, amusong said:

what does SMPTE lock do and where can I find it?

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/logicpro/lgcp21581f00/10.5/mac/10.14.6

47 minutes ago, amusong said:

With regard to importing the artists scratch track after EZ Drummer the way I thought that Adapt Tempo had to work was that it was the first track that was imported that had to be used to set the tempo and that all subsequent tracks had to be matched to the first track....that it did not work the other way round.  How do you understand the working of Adapt?  It's actually a bit of tricky thing to use I find. 

Have you tried importing EZ Drummer first while Logic ‘s project Smart Tempo is set to KEEP, then switch to ADAPT mode, and import "artists scratch track" ?

• Like 1

I do understand that thanks Devoid.  If you take a look at my second paragrapn above that is in fact exactly what I did.  Successfully imported the scratch track using ADAPTl switched to KEEP and then tried to pull an EZ drummer loop into the project.  Doing so wiped the tempo track even though the tempo was set to KEEP.  I am involved in a large project this week and cannot get to the above suggestions straight away but Atlas and Polanoid have given me a couple of things to try.

Sorry I could not get the images up as they showed the problem clearly....bloody flat out right now so I will have to do my research next week now.  

• 2 weeks later...