Capture Recording - What is this "Capture In Stop Mode"?

globet

When you hold down the Capture Recording button, you get to check and uncheck the "Capture in Stop Mode" function. What exactly does this do, does anyone know?

Screenshot2023-11-26at7_12_57AM.png.ab1ac0b7905185647169e57a42852f84.png

There's very little information online and when testing it out, when it's turned off, the Capture Recording records some weird MIDI like this:... I played those MIDI notes sequentially, not together.

Screenshot2023-11-26at7_15_25AM.png.85eaa872648049a831fbdaed48aa3f3e.png
Thanks guys!

• globet changed the title to Capture Recording - What is this "Capture In Stop Mode"?
10 hours ago, globet said:

when it's turned off, the Capture Recording records some weird MIDI like this:... I played those MIDI notes sequentially, not together.

That's the point of that mode: when you turn it on, it will record your MIDI notes sequentially, as they were played, even if Logic's transport is stopped while you're playing them. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

My bad I just realized I misunderstood what you said. 

Ok so if you play notes sequentially then you should see them sequentially. Can you try again in a new empty project? 

Here's how it should work: 

heal-cuts.gif

You see the spaces between the MIDI notes you recorded? That means the playhead is moving behind the scenes. The problem with the playhead moving is that we don’t type that fast. Always have to go back and edit it.

Edited by globet

Commands 1 2 3 4 representing note values in the Step Input? That won’t work I’ve thought about that. You will have to type with both hands and it breaks the input flow.

Basically we want the Record or Capture Record function where the playhead only moves when you press down the key and will keep recording as long as the key is pressed. You let go of the key the recording stops and playhead stop at the right of the MIDI note input. This can be accomplished with the MIDI in button if it can record MIDI note input length with the keys pressed down.

10 minutes ago, globet said:

Basically we want the Record or Capture Record function where the playhead only moves when you press down the key and will keep recording as long as the key is pressed. You let go of the key the recording stops and playhead stop at the right of the MIDI note input. This can be accomplished with the MIDI in button if it can record MIDI note input length with the keys pressed down.

Got it. Then it's a new feature request, as it doesn't exist in Logic Pro. 

3 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

Thanks. Do you have direct contact with Logic’s team at Apple? If I were them I would love to talk with you directly on WhatsApp. I’ve tried but got no reply. 

7 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

Does do you know if this function exist in other programs? Maybe we can use it to record in another program export as MIDI then import it into Logic.

10 hours ago, globet said:

Basically we want the Record or Capture Record function where the playhead only moves when you press down the key and will keep recording as long as the key is pressed

I wonder how you suppose this to work if you do this polyphonically, i.e. pressing more than one key simultaneously and releasing them independently at different times. 128 independent playheads?