Ok I got too many plugins …now is the test …

Go to solution Solved by wonshu,

I never got so many plugins including many many free and paid plugins ….feels great to have so many tools but also a confusing burden . I am about to update the OS and Logic …. Not on a silicon machine …I’m on a 2019 iMac .. 

regardung plugins …some are on ilok manager only …  some are on a physical ilok …and some on the computer itself ….

do you write down all your plugins or just take a chance and update ? Should you take a picture of all your plugins …? I’ve cloned my system but weary …got to move on … I’m also a little hesitant because without being on the mchip/silicon my computer will be obsolete fairly soon anyway . Come on apple slow down the os …speed up the logic updates…….sorry to rant …

Edited by NoPro
Spell

• Solution

Since we run about 6 systems that all need to be able to open our projects we definitely keep track of all plugins we own.

We are extremely slow with adding new "devices" (plugins) to our workflow. And we are diligent that our pieces work in the future, the fewer devices the less trouble we are asking for.

So yes, we keep track of it and new tools are only added when they really prove useful, and when they're from companies with a good track record.

Yes, that means we jump on new technologies a bit later and that's a downside. But sometimes I use stuff outside of our teams tools, then I'll just make sure to bounce in place my work to audio and retain the .logicx project that I used to create that audio, in case I have to fine tune something.

In other words: over the years we have become very disciplined and it has served us well.

• Like 1

I very much appreciated the reply. I was like that in the past and saved myself many problems and got things done much quicker .

It’s a hard lesson to learn after knowing better but I’m ok ditching plugins for the music and peace of mind which supersedes any latest plugins or libraries ….certainly I’ll take the investigative approach for anything I do keep . Thank you again !!!

• 3 weeks later...