Ripchord & Scaler 2 chord sets. What about Logic's midi Chord Trigger?

I'm blown away by the breadth and enthusiasm of the Ripchord community, offering free chord sets so non-musicians can play popular chord progressions with 1 finger!  Or, load extensive chord progressions into an MPC or Maschine pad device.  It makes total sense for producers that don't know how to play an instrument.  It's a real contrast and eye-opener for somebody with formal training on piano and music theory.  It's all relatively new to me, but that community has been growing for a couple years.  Of course it's popular.... it's easy and free  https://trackbout.com/ripchord

Image2023-12-19at10_11PM.thumb.jpeg.9ae44e8410141c62dbd4ebde5cda1274.jpeg

Hey, doesn't Ripchord look familiar?

Similarly, you can find free or for sale chord sets to import into Scaler 2.

Image2023-12-19at10_12PM.thumb.jpeg.cf4d10bc8729621574fd504e5dcb39ca.jpeg

So... I'm thinking... Logic Chord Trigger is kind of the same thing.  Why are there such a limited selection of chord sets?  Why hasn't this taken off like Ripchord or Scaler 2?

Image2023-12-19at10_10PM.thumb.jpeg.d39feedfa595b61f3ea03dabaf4b469b.jpeg

Curious if anybody has hear of, or found a utility that creates Logic chord sets for Chord Trigger?

On 12/19/2023 at 10:21 PM, Nunstummy said:

Why hasn't this taken off like Ripchord or Scaler 2?

Probably because Logic being more demanding in terms of learning curve it is consequently used mostly by people with musical knowledge, thus Chord Trigger hasn’t been of much use for them yet. Just a thought…

On 12/19/2023 at 10:21 PM, Nunstummy said:

Curious if anybody has hear of, or found a utility that creates Logic chord sets for Chord Trigger?

Isn’t already possible to create same within the plugin itself?

Just curious…

On 12/22/2023 at 7:42 PM, Atlas007 said:

Isn’t already possible to create same within the plugin itself?

Kind of...

I did find a website with Logic Chord Trigger presets for a few dozen popular songs.  I'm sure this guy just played the chords on his midi controller, or used a mouse to pick out the notes within Chord Trigger itself.  What I was looking for - just out of interest - is a more direct way to create the chord trigger definitions from midi.  I haven't found anything yet.

I did find a program/utility that converts midi to a Scaler 2 chord set.

https://github.com/joanroig/midi-to-scaler-chord-sets

Like you said, typical Logic users have a music background and at least some music theory.  I try not to be critical, but there's a lot of non-musicians using FL Studio, where this notion of creating songs with no knowledge of how to play an instrument is necessary.  It seems crazy to me, but a lot of the marketing of FL Studio, and devices like the MPC line, promote the "you don't need to know anything about music" to write and record hit songs.