An hunting horns library somewhere?

I am looking for a library of hunting horns, cors de chasse, either in Kontakt, SFZ, EXS, or even to create myself with isolated and categorized samples.

So far, I haven't found anything satisfactory.

I found a folder with samples of a trompe dauphine more or less well organized, but it is a single instrument, and I am looking for an ensemble.

Any ideas are welcome

Actualy I did something like that with the trompe dauphine sample folder I've found.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CBxxpM7MUcMScaNIpOTRHULQg97FV9kj/view

I've made an .exs with the solo instrument, as it is, and I've made a "fake ensemble" .exs.

(Doubling, detune, stereoizing with the samples I had for round robins, shifting sample starts and loops, etc...)

But well, I know this is fake and could be subject of phase issues.

By the way, as we are on an international forum, is this musical form, (ensembles of natural horns), a common  thing in other countries than France?

Edited by FLH3

On 12/24/2023 at 3:16 AM, FLH3 said:

By the way, as we are on an international forum, is this musical form, (ensembles of natural horns), a common  thing in other countries than France?

Never seen or heard of such a performance in Canada. Brass ensemble are mostly used in fanfares over here. Le cor d’harmonie is regularly used in symphonic orchestras, to replace the cor de chasse.

• Like 1

I presume, as this musical form is linked with the ridding to hunt of stags, it's mainly something from countries where people have such kind of hunt.

And I suspect it's a very French practice as Brits ride to hunt fox and not stags as far as I know. Regarding the Germans, Spanish & Italians I don't know how if they hunt with horses and hounds.

(You guessed, hunt is not my speciality 😁 even if I have a licence to hunt!)

Edited by FLH3

13 hours ago, FLH3 said:

(You guessed, hunt is not my speciality 😁 even if I have a licence to hunt!)

Hunting isn’t something I practice either. And to be honest considering same as a sport is really unrealistic to me, unless you do so, barehand after an animal of your size (like a bear or a deer)… 😏

If you can make music for the occasion it compensates, art heals everything!

The cors de chasse could be considered as a kind of French bagpiping, without the need to kill a goat for its belly. 😄

But, well, in the meantime I still haven't find my sound library! 😁

Edited by FLH3

15 hours ago, rAC said:

@FLH3 have you had a look at VSLs historic collections? Might have what you are after.

👍 Good idea I read there's a natural horn in D  in the Historic Wind 3 which could do the job but in the demo I've heard on the site it's a solo instrument. Obvioulsy with some MIDI doubling/tripling/n-pling + detune and shifting  you can fake a cors de chasse ensemble but the sound of "horns a 10" is not the same as 10 solo horns.

At 195€ I would not like to do a mistake.