Delay Time Chart (BPM-Milliseconds)

Hello Logic Pro users!

This is a very easy to read Logic Environment "Delay Time Chart".
You don't have to go to the trouble of using a calculator to find out the delay time.
No need to cable to other logic objects.

I made it for myself, but I would like to share it with anyone who needs it.

The tempo ranges from 60 to 187, but customize it as you see fit.

Delay Time Chart (BPM-Milliseconds) .logicx.zip

• Like 3

This is great, thank you very much @ryotaneryo!

For those who prefer having such a tool in Apple Numbers, I have compiled a version in .numbers. It contains a Calculator (first tab), where you can insert the BPM you like (e.g. 138 or 35.72) and then it will calculate the appropriate delay times. It also includes a pre-compiled Chart ranging from 30–200. It is obviously based on the work by @ryotaneryo, so all thanks goes to them! 

(A side note: My computer uses a country format where we use the comma sign as the decimals separator (where English uses the dot), and a blank step as the thousands separator (where English uses the comma). I hope that your computer will adapt to whatever format you have set as the default, but if not, please let me know!)

Edit: I extended it to 30–200, and uploaded a new version.

Hope it helps someone!

Delay Time Calculator.numbers

Edited by Dr.Socrates
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Thank you very much Dr.Socrates.

I have upgraded the Logic Environment version based on the Numbers file you shared.

I think it is now easier to see the color coding.
In addition to the existing BPM 60 - 187, I have created BPM 30 - 150 , BPM 151 - 200.

Please use the one that fits your environment.2024-01-091_19_59.thumb.png.39e995045f47252913c52bee21042f10.png

Delay Time Chart (BPM-Milliseconds) ver2.logicx.zip

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

On the creative/artistic value of this tool that you have created, @ryotaneryo, I really like some of the possibilities that it opens up! Yes, many plug-ins (but not all!) have sync to the tempo in Logic, but using host sync creates "perfect" delays. While that is oftentimes great, sometimes one might want the imperfections that e.g. comes with some analog gear. For example, if I want the delay to be a little fast, I first calculate the correct value, but then type in a little lower value (a shorter time) into the plug-in. Or, reversely, a little longer times if I want the delay to be dragging behind a little. This oftentimes yield results that are sonically interesting and give the music a more analog and organic feel.

(Again, a note to those who want to use my .numbers version, please use v 1.2, and not the one in my first reply, since that first one contained some errors in both the Chart and the calculator – I see that, unfortunately, that the first version still gets increases in downloads. Is it possible to remove the file?). 

• Like 1
  • Love 1