MainStage arp from notes played from multiple midi ch

fruitflykiller
Go to solution Solved by fruitflykiller,

1. I want to create a latched arp.
2. The notes input into the arp will be from multiple launchpads, each launchpad sending over a different midi ch.
3. So first arp note might be c3 from a launchpad sending over midi ch 6.
That note number and midi ch will match the note # and midi ch of a vst in mainstage on ch 6 (say serum).
It might be a pad patch or piano patch or anything.
The patch for each vst will be preset, as will the midi ch of that vst in mainstage.
4. 2nd arp note latched might be g2 on midi ch 9, with a different vst on ch 9 in mainstage, and a different sound patch in that vst (omnisphere for example).
They’ll both be their respective notes, c3 and g2, but because each is on a different midi ch, the c3 patch will access a different sound than the g2 patch on vst ch 9.
So now i have 2 completely different sounds being arped, from 2 different patches on 2 different vsts.
5. Add more latched notes to arp from other launchpads sending over other midi ch, each assigned to different vsts and patches in mainstage.
6. When number of arp notes run out, latest played replaces oldest played.
So if the arp only has 5 latched notes, as i play new notes into the arp from other launchpads, the arp evolves with different sounds from different vsts and patches in mainstage.

I’m wondering if the logic pro srpeggiator can play back latched notes from different midi ch, so esch note is plsyed from a different patch in a different vst, assigned to a different midi ch

thx

Edited by Jordi Torres

• Jordi Torres changed the title to MainStage arp from notes played from multiple midi ch