Keyboard always plays the same instrament no matter what track I select

No matter what track I select my keyboard plays the same instrument patch when not in play or recording mode.    I desperately need to be able to be able to play the keyboard to audition the correct patch for each track especially when I'm adjusting each track overall gain when mixing. It's like I accidentally selected an option to have notes played live with a keyboard to always play the same instrument.   I only have this problem with one song.   Previously recorded MIDI notes WILL, however, play the instrument patches that are correct for each track AND when a track is selected and recording enabled the correct instrument patch for a selected track does play.  NOTE: When I just tested that last scenario and the keyboard DID play the correct patch when recording....when I stopped recording and played the keyboard it now plays the original patch that was playing no matter what track I select AS WELL AS the instrument of the track I just test recorded with...  no matter what track I select (when not in play or record mode).   I desperately need to be able to be able to play the keyboard to audition the correct patch for each track especially when I'm adjusting each track overall gain when mixing.  I'm running Logic 10.7.9 in Mac OS  Ventura 13.4

There might be different possible reasons for such an issue…

If the problem occurs only with this project (among other similarly setup ones), one of the possibilities is that project got somehow corrupted…

To recover from same, one would have to rebuild it by first creating a fresh blank project (not using an existing template) after having rebooted Logic. Then importing in that new project the data from problematic project. Proceeding systematically, one track at the time and testing the new project along the way.

But again, there might be different other reasons…

Perhaps if you could upload your project (without the recorded data) so we could inspect it, that might prove to be a more efficient way to troubleshoot your issue.