getting Logic to detect the signal coming out of my Scarlett Pro

Nick Garrison
Go to solution Solved by Nick Garrison,

Hi all, I’m having issues with getting Logic to detect the signal coming out of my Scarlett Pro input 2. Trust me when I tell you I’ve already read every other thread on this topic, and I have already tried all of the menu settings tricks that are typically recommended. The issue persists. Some other info to share - I can hear my guitar dry signal when I enable direct monitoring on the device (with Logic open and closed), and the LED circle is showing green, yellow, etc. This tells me it’s not a hardware issue, but something in Logic. Also, oddly, my microphone works just fine with input one (XLR) using software monitoring (direct monitoring turned off on the Scarlett). I recently updated my Mac’s operating software and also downloaded “all available sounds.” Not sure if either of those actions created the issue somehow. Anyway, I am super bummed and frustrated, as I cannot record guitar through Logic anymore. Any advice would be appreciated!

• David Nahmani changed the title to getting Logic to detect the signal coming out of my Scarlett Pro

Hi Nick,

26 minutes ago, Nick Garrison said:

my Scarlett Pro

I see no Scarlett "Pro" listed at Focusrite's website. Perhaps you have a Saffire Pro? If not please be specific about the exact device you have.

28 minutes ago, Nick Garrison said:

the LED circle is showing green, yellow, etc. This tells me it’s not a hardware issue, but something in Logic.

Don't be too quick to blame Logic, because between your interface and Logic, there can be drivers and/or mixer/control software that the manufacturer develops for their devices.

31 minutes ago, Nick Garrison said:

I recently updated my Mac’s operating software

Please be specific about the exact version of macOS you're using, as well as the version of Logic Pro, type of Mac computer you have, etc.

Cheers,

J.

• Like 1

...fwiw...if you are monitoring using the head phone out on the spitfire unit just to make sure that the jack/adaptor are working...on my unit the headphone jack out sometimes only give me the right signal...a wiggle or two and it's working agin...it took awhile to figure that out the firs time...(sigh)...hth.../s~

Definite brain fart on my part, sorry. I meant to write Scarlett Solo, not Pro. I’m using a MacBook Pro with Sonoma 14.2.1 and Logic Pro 10.8.1. I was on the phone with Apple Support for an hour this morning. We were starting to get somewhere, but I had to hop off the phone. The rep had me create a new Mac username, then login with that name and open Logic. Oddly, everything was working fine under the new username. However, when I logged out and then logged back in with my regular Mac username, the same issue persisted with no signal coming through input 2. I’m going to try to call them back later, but that’s the latest…

43 minutes ago, steveLpx1 said:

...fwiw...if you are monitoring using the head phone out on the spitfire unit just to make sure that the jack/adaptor are working...on my unit the headphone jack out sometimes only give me the right signal...a wiggle or two and it's working agin...it took awhile to figure that out the firs time...(sigh)...hth.../s~

Thanks. I’ve got the Scarlett Solo output hooked up to studio monitors, but I’m having the same issue using both wireless and regular headphones, my MacBook’s speakers, etc. 

if monitor outs at back are to the speakers that is not the same as the qtr.out on the front...I looked at fixing the problem by replacing the "cheap"  qtr.jack on the front, way too much work...sorry I'm not following your "both wireless and regular headphones" comment..../s~

On 1/18/2024 at 5:45 PM, Nick Garrison said:

Oddly, everything was working fine under the new username. However, when I logged out and then logged back in with my regular Mac username, the same issue persisted with no signal coming through input 2.

Often when things work in a new user account and don't in your current user account it's a sign of a preference issue. If you don't mind resetting Logic Pro to its default factory settings, then try this :

1. Quit Logic,
  2. In the Finder, hold down Option while you click the Go menu,
  3. Choose Go > Library,
  4. Inside the Library, open the Preferences folder,
  5. Delete com.apple.logic10.plist,
  6. Restart your Mac. 

22 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

Often when things work in a new user account and don't in your current user account it's a sign of a preference issue. If you don't mind resetting Logic Pro to its default factory settings, then try this :

1. Quit Logic,
  2. In the Finder, hold down Option while you click the Go menu,
  3. Choose Go > Library,
  4. Inside the Library, open the Preferences folder,
  5. Delete com.apple.logic10.plist,
  6. Restart your Mac. 

Thanks, but no luck, unfortunately. I’m going to try Apple Support again later when I’ve got at least an hour free to work through this. 

• Solution

Annnnnnd problem solved! So I randomly clicked on this mic setting and switched it to “standard,” which immediately fixed the problem. Not sure if that was the issue or a combo of the mic setting and what David suggested. RegardlessIMG_2248.thumb.jpeg.4b31bae805994de937856f6ec45e0025.jpeg, thank you all!

• Like 2