Make the Marquee tool available in the Piano Roll Window or Give us "Smoothen Automation"

the sinner

My general intent is to smooth the automation points as easily as possible. On advanced sample libraries, with lots of dynamic layers,  you can hear the bumps from going slightly up then slightly down.

it is a drag, literally, to smooth these curves out.

if i had the marquee tool I could select multiple points and delete the points which aren't at the apex. 

2 hours ago, bcariou said:

I presume you turned on Enable Complete Features - does this not work for you? image.png.6ef7bcd758d6e2e5fc0fa6f81c90e96e.png

There is no marquee tool in the piano roll window even with advanced features enabled.

I believe this refers to the arrange window. 

ScreenShot2024-01-25at9_32_23PM.thumb.png.6d4fcdd68be798d88cef36c28644e893.png

20 hours ago, the sinner said:

I believe this refers to the arrange window. 

Actually it's the same no matter where you access the automation curve (Tracks area, Piano Roll etc.). 

However it's wrong in that you cannot use the Marquee tool to select automation points. 

So just drag the Pointer tool to select the desired automation points, and press Delete to delete them.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

So just drag the Pointer tool to select the desired automation points, and press Delete to delete them.

Yes - that's what I was trying to point out, not very clearly. You can also use the Automation Select tool.

On 1/25/2024 at 9:44 PM, the sinner said:

if i had the marquee tool I could select multiple points and delete the points which aren't at the apex. 

You can do this without the Marquee Tool (in fact AFAIK there is no way to do it with the Marquee Tool actually). Hold the Option key while dragging the selection rectangle around the points you’d like to select. This will only select points inside the vertical range of your selection.

• Like 1