Preserving Aux Track State During Reassignment in MIDI Environment

TimeForMusic

I recognize that this may be a bit complex, but I'm eager to gain a better understanding for organizational purposes. Currently, we're aware that dragging the order of aux tracks in the mixer's "single" and "all" view is not possible. However, what we can do is reassign the aux channel that an aux track is linked to using the MIDI environment.

For example, if we take an aux track situated at the far right end of the mixer, examining this track will likely reveal that it's assigned to a high aux number. By reassigning it to "aux 1", the track will be moved to the first slot in the mixer.

The challenge arises because this reassignment seems to erase the plugins and corresponding signal flow. In the context of a template, this reordering means that everything related to buses must be reconstructed, including all routing and plugins.

I'm curious if there are any workarounds to reassigning aux channels within the MIDI environment while preserving their original aux track state. Any insights into how this process works would be greatly appreciated.

Just now, Atlas007 said:

If your intention is to reorder the mixer’s channelstrips, since those are following the tracks order in the makn area (Arrange area), have you considered creating tracks for the Aux channelstrips, then reorder those tracks accordingly?

Already mentioned: 

1 hour ago, TimeForMusic said:

Currently, we're aware that dragging the order of aux tracks in the mixer's "single" and "all" view is not possible.

8 minutes ago, TimeForMusic said:

This is only true in the "tracks" view mode, not the "single" or "all" view modes. 

Sure....but is there an issue with switching between views?
The Mixer view options (which - along with the Mixer UI - could certainly be improved in many ways), coupled with screen sets allows for quick navigation/focusing on what you want to see.
I'm not 100% sure of the "why"/end game for you.
Could you clarify what you have in mind "organisationally"?

Just now, oscwilde said:

Sure....but is there an issue with switching between views?
The Mixer view options (which - along with the Mixer UI - could certainly be improved in many ways), coupled with screen sets allows for quick navigation/focusing on what you want to see.
I'm not 100% sure of the "why"/end game for you.
Could you clarify what you have in mind "organisationally"?

I use "Singe view" quite a bit for a manageable view of my signal flow. 

I am playing around with the feature of reassigning aux channels to see how much I can achieve. It would be nice to have everything assigned in an order that makes sense (and having it consistently reflected in all mix views is a nice bonus). 

• Like 2