Aux Naming Weirdness

gp71

Occasionally I find the name of an aux has reverted back to one it had at an earlier time in the sessions life, months ago in this case. Yesterday it was labelled correctly as per the Main window but today it has an earlier name from when that aux channel was being used for another job.

...and then when I try to rename it in the Mix window it resists me doing so? Weirdly it then did the renaming a few mins later by itself.

On 2/27/2024 at 8:28 AM, gp71 said:

today it has an earlier name from when that aux channel was being used for another job.

Is that in the Tracks Area only, or also in the Mixer?

Logic has a weird bug that it renames Aux tracks by the Setting name of the plug-in inserted in Slot 1, so maybe that's what you're seeing?

aux naming bug.gif

Edited by polanoid
  • Like 1

I haven't noticed this but the frustrating part is that it just happens occasionally and I found myself unwittingly rerouting based on the new name, especially since in this case it was the name of an aux from earlier in the sessions life so it didn't surprise me. 

• 1 month later...

Here is an example. See attached image.

I have two overlapping windows open, the Mixer to the left, Main Window to the right.

Notice the naming discrepancy for the same AUX - in one it is called 'cl', the other 'all guitar' - it is shaded lightgrey in both windows.

In case this happens to you, the one in the Main Window is accurate, the mixer not.

It can happen at any time and unless you notice it then you can find yourself in a pickle.

Screenshot2024-04-23at06_06_45.thumb.png.0f32147d3c555b029515467945992114.png

1 hour ago, gp71 said:

Notice the naming discrepancy for the same AUX - in one it is called 'cl', the other 'all guitar' - it is shaded lightgrey in both windows.

So, is there a preset called "cl" loaded in the first slot's plug-in (i.e. the Channel EQ)?

Also, would it be possible for you to share the project here (remove all audio files from it, and also all regions in the tracks area as they are not relevant for this) so we can further analyse this?

I had a similar bug. The track name in the main window sometimes differs from the one in the Mixer. Happens in big-ish session with audio tracks in my case and no presets loaded. Usually it takes the name of the previous or next track. Also sometimes it goes away after renaming or closing/opening the project. 

• Like 1