Dronegrace

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Bildschirmfoto2024-03-17um08_40_06.thumb.png.b9184fdb261797fc23a9dd78707d0eaf.pngNo, I do not use Kontakt anymore since NI turned into such a mess. I used to have Komplete und used Kontakt from day one, but since I restarted music again with the M2, I stayed away from Kontakt, loosing a couple of libraries I liked a lot, but hey, a life without Kontakt and NI bloatware is possible. 😆

The Library is from Orchestral Tools and they have their own free sample player called SINE.  https://www.orchestraltools.com/store/collections/drones

Edited by Scriabin rocks

On 3/17/2024 at 2:25 AM, Scriabin rocks said:

Bildschirmfoto2024-03-17um08_40_06.thumb.png.b9184fdb261797fc23a9dd78707d0eaf.pngNo, I do not use Kontakt anymore since NI turned into such a mess. I used to have Komplete und used Kontakt from day one, but since I restarted music again with the M2, I stayed away from Kontakt, loosing a couple of libraries I liked a lot, but hey, a life without Kontakt and NI bloatware is possible. 😆

The Library is from Orchestral Tools and they have their own free sample player called SINE.  https://www.orchestraltools.com/store/collections/drones

I too don’t like how NI turned the Kontakt GUI intp, making it even more convoluted…

Speaking of bloatware, Drones appears to be a pretty big one weighing nearly half a TB; which kind of qualify as a bloaty library, no?image.thumb.jpeg.14d29efd2772d35a4607050375ae0346.jpeg

Edited by Atlas007
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Two cellos, two double basses, eight trombones, a four‑piece bass choir, vintage electric and acoustic guitars, four‑ and six‑string basses, two hurdy‑gurdys, an Indian tambura, didgeridoo, and a grand piano played with an Ebow, recorded at Teldex Scoring Stage and Silent Green, with many mic positions up to surround at your fingertips, plus the original unprocessed material. This was Drones when it was released about a year ago, 362 GB. Then there was this additional material in the latest release. 

That being said, yes, I agree it is massive. Some sample recordings hit the one minute mark, which explains the enormous size to a degree.

I find it delicious and most useful, given that the ingredients are included as well.

I remember well last year in December, when I considered my first sample library, when I realized the size, my download speed, and additional cost for a fast 4TB SSD...

*jawdrop*

The gazillion of files took over two weeks with many overnighters to download.  So every morning when I checked the download... 🫣 ooh, really? Still 56% left to download... sigh...🤣

Edited by Scriabin rocks

2 hours ago, Scriabin rocks said:

The gazillion of files took over two weeks with many overnighters to download.  So every morning when I checked the download... 🫣 ooh, really? Still 56% left to download... sigh...🤣

After investing so much effort and patience, I think understanding better now why you are so emotionally bound to that library... Who wouldn't be? 🥹

Edited by Atlas007
  • Haha 1

On 3/19/2024 at 10:06 AM, Scriabin rocks said:

Well, that two weeks download was 1.4 TB.  Now the 4TB drive is already half full, but there is a solution which should last me for a little while longer.

https://www.superwarehouse.com/nimbus-data-eddct100.html

Only the w/r speed does not satisfy my wishes, hence I shall pass on that one.🤣

And I’d need a second one for Time Machine backup purpose… 🤥 

• Haha 1