My Audio Is Later Than It Was Recorded (Not Monitoring Latency)

sunbrother

Very frequently, I notice my audio is later than I recorded it after I finish recording. I've attached an example screenshot. Does anyone else have this happen and know why?

All the threads I could find with the search seemed related to monitoring latency or recording delays. I'm not talking about monitoring latency- I directly monitor all my microphones and guitars through my MOTU interface's internal mixer. I turn off the Software Monitoring setting when recording. I never purposefully engage the orange monitoring button but I can't recall whether or not it gets enabled automatically.

My recording settings are below. Recording Delay is 0 samples.

Would any of those Smooth Cycle or Playback Pre-Roll settings be to blame? This particular audio region was recorded during Cycle Record.

Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 11.22.16 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 11.27.11 AM.png

Edited by sunbrother

21 hours ago, Atlas007 said:

I wonder if that could be related to the Resulting Latency ?

In one song the recording shows up 206 milliseconds late, so it's not related to that.

It also happens with MIDI, even when I'm using Low Latency mode.

It appears that it's a bug with all recordings inside a Track Stack. Which is why it doesn't occur in my vocal sessions- I don't have any stacks to record in at that point. However, I use Track Stacks for organization in my productions so it occurs almost all the time in those.

2 hours ago, sunbrother said:

It appears that it's a bug with all recordings inside a Track Stack.

The thread you linked to is only about MIDI recording, not Audio. As I wrote in the parallel thread you posted this in, I can not reproduce this with Audio Recordings inside track stacks.

• Like 1