Scripted Macro Faders To Plugin Parameters Question

Hello All,

Do you know if it's possible to assign plugin parameters to a fader within scripter? I know you can easily assign midi CC to plugin params but wasn't sure if you could do so with a macro instead. I'm basically wanting to emulate Smart Control functionality within scripter. I'm also curious if the only way to target plugin parameters from scripter is with the 'learn plugin parameter' function, or if there is an internal list of controls you could write through script (somewhat like smart controls target lists). The reason this is important is because when using smart controls, lots of plugins have targets that can only be assigned manually through the list and not through the built in 'learn plugin parameter' feature. Hope that makes sense. 

Thanks! 

I haven’t done much of this so forgive me if I’m wrong but yea I believe unfortunately you have to do the learn thing to assign scripter parameters to plugin parameters within the channel strip.  I’m not sure if you can assign some number in advance which might be correct.  In the environment there are fader numbers and basically they line up with the plugins as long as you don’t change the plugins.  But I don’t know if you can do that with scripter I think you might have to use the learn feature at least once, but once you set it up on the track it should be remembered when you close and open the project after that

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dewdman42 said:

I think you might have to use the learn feature at least once, but once you set it up on the track it should be remembered when you close and open the project after that

Yes, the TargetEvent type must be used when wanting to control plugin parameters with scripter, and that implies using the "Learn Plugin Parameter" feature that's built into the menu of type "target" as seen here under Tutorial script 15: Control Plug-ins:

Use the JavaScript Event object in Logic Pro for Mac

As mentioned there, you can use the Learn Plug-in Parameter feature to assign any plug-in parameter inserted after (below) Scripter in the same channel strip. The chosen destination is saved with the plug-in setting.

If there's any other way to target plugin parameters programmatically, it's unknown/undocumented.

J.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, OllieC said:

see if there's any way to target some of those hidden parameters via script. 

Pretty sure there isn't, for the same reason that you can't do this in the controller assignments window. A single plugin could have thousands or tens of thousands of plugin parameters, as can automatable parameters in Logic, so a single menu to choose from would just be unweildy.

1 hour ago, des99 said:

Pretty sure there isn't, for the same reason that you can't do this in the controller assignments window. A single plugin could have thousands or tens of thousands of plugin parameters, as can automatable parameters in Logic, so a single menu to choose from would just be unweildy.

Yeah that makes sense. I'm more familiar with Kontakt KSP which works a bit differently. From what I can tell, via script you can only learn plugin parameters that are automatable.