where are you guys from?

14 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

I'm from a village near Grenoble, France!

Actualy I've no idea you could be from France.

It reminds the scene in the Turkish baths in La Grande Vadrouille.

"Comment ça merde alors, but you are French?"

Edited by FLH3
  • Haha 2

👌

Yes, it's a French accent, no doubt about this, but you know, it's our secret weapon to catch at the end of a party in some countries.  "So cuuuute!"

And voilà, emballez, c'est pesé!

Edited by FLH3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

I'm from a village near Grenoble, France!

David's got the poshest selection of sheds down the bottom of his garden I've ever seen... 😉

(That shed right at the top of the hill is just to keep his lawn mower, and collection of vintage Ferraris, iirc...)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow! 1

7 hours ago, FLH3 said:

It reminds the scene in the Turkish baths in La Grande Vadrouille.

Just thinking, my reference is maybe obscure for our non-French readers (nobody's perfect after all!). To make it short, La Grande Vadrouille (The Great Stroll?) is a movie, a cult movie, like, The Wizard of Oz, Ben Hur or Gone With The Wind for our North American readers.

But different, very different, as there're Bourvil and Louis de Funes inside, obviously.

🥸

Edited by FLH3
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

I'm from a village near Grenoble, France! 🙂 Where are you from?

Ça, alors!! If I'm correct the guys from Arturia also come from the same environs?

David, I always had an inkling that you were European. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, FLH3 said:

Just thinking, my reference is maybe obscure for our non-French readers (nobody's perfect after all!). To make it short, La Grande Vadrouille (The Great Stroll?) is a movie, a cult movie, like, The Wizard of Oz, Ben Hur or Gone With The Wind for our North American readers.

But different, very different, as there're Bourvil and Louis de Funes inside, obviously.

🥸

My favourite french movie is Le fabuleux destin d’Amélie Poulin. Un chef-d’oeuvre de naïve poésie romantique à la française…

Edited by Atlas007
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Atlas007 said:

I am from Montréal, Canada.

I had a bandmate who had to fetch his then fiancée from Montréal. With friends, we accompanied him on his quest. Since then Gino Vannelli remains etched in my mind. Great memories ...

8 hours ago, Atlas007 said:

My favourite french movie is Le fabuleux destin d’Amélie Poulin. Un chef-d’oeuvre de naïve poésie romantique à la française…

But there's no Turkish bath scene in it, nor Louis de Funes & Bourvil, unfortunatly  😁

8 hours ago, Atlas007 said:

I am from Montréal, Canada.image.thumb.jpeg.76c09fa97ca9f4bd81333404b96503c3.jpeg

The view from your studio?

16 hours ago, synth_hero said:

From Johannesburg, South Africa.

18 hours ago, synth_hero said:

I had a bandmate who had to fetch his then fiancée from Montréal. With friends, we accompanied him on his quest…

My! That was a long trip to accompany your bandmate! Have you toured in Montreal?