External Midi Issues

MaxCohen

Since I connected my Yamaha synthesizer (via midi) instead of my other USB keyboard I only experience problems with logic. At first it recognizes it when it wants to and when I get it to recognize it (sometimes I have to restart logic, keyboard and sound card several times) it stays stuck like an infinite midi that I can solve by disconnecting the control surfaces. But why so many problems? It is frustrating that in moments of inspiration you start playing the keyboard and you realize that there is no communication.

On 3/12/2024 at 2:12 AM, MaxCohen said:

yamaha cs6x connected via midi to a motu m2

So the problem will be between the M2 and the Mac or the MIDI connection between the cs6x and M2.....or possibly both.

What MacOS version/what Logic version?

What happens when you use your MIDI controller to "drive" the CS6x synth engine?
Have you disabled the cs6x MIDI Clock/arpeggiator sync (or set to ext sync)...see page 167 of the English manual.

It is often recommended to turn On the external devices (audio/MIDI interface(s), synth(s), control surfaces, etc) before booting your Mac/Logic. Same goes with the synth vs control surface and audio/MIDI interface(s).

IOW: turn On the items in the following order:

1. Synth(s)
  2. Control surface(s)
  3. MIDI interface(s)
  4. Audio interface(s)
  5. Mac
  6. Logic Pro
  • Like 2