Apply region tempo from audio track crashes Logic

xgman

seems like since 10.8 and 10.8.1 with latest Sonoma, when dragging in audio files (any format or bit rate) when logic start analyzing using smart tempo, it crashes out Logic. changing bit rate on project doesn't help. 10.7.7 doesn't seem to have this issue for me for instance.

empty project, rosetta/or native.  any ideas what to try to fix this?

Posted (edited)

Yes, Maybe it's another one of the Sonoma 14.4 audio related bugs. Sometimes just dragging audio tracks in can make it crash and close too. Plus 10.7.7 doesn't have this problem. I also cleaned out all Logic files and started over, but 10.8 and 10.8.1 have the issue and again 10.7.7 doesn't. So hard to diagnose what is going on.

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000

Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 11 Segmentation fault: 11
Terminating Process:   exc handler [37539]

VM Region Info: 0 is not in any region.  Bytes before following region: 4342648832
      REGION TYPE                    START - END         [ VSIZE] PRT/MAX SHRMOD  REGION DETAIL
      UNUSED SPACE AT START
--->  
      __TEXT                      102d79000-104f3d000    [ 33.8M] r-x/r-x SM=COW  /Applications/MULTIMEDIA/Logic Pro X.app/Contents/MacOS/Logic Pro X

Error Formulating Crash Report:
PC register does not match crashing frame (0x0 vs 0x1147B337D)

Thread 0 Crashed::  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   MAMusicAnalysis                          0x1147b337d CMetroJointTimeSigBeatHMM::PostProcessHMMResult(std::__1::vector<std::__1::vector<float, std::__1::allocator<float>>, std::__1::allocator<std::__1::vector<float, std::__1::allocator<float>>>> const&, std::__1::vector<int, std::__1::allocator<int>>&, int) + 237
1   MAMusicAnalysis                          0x114812f49 CMetroVariableBeatDetector::ComputeBeatsAndDownbeats(std::__1::vector<float, std::__1::allocator<float>>&, std::__1::vector<float, std::__1::allocator<float>>&, std::__1::vector<float, std::__1::allocator<float>>&, std::__1::pair<int, int>, std::__1::vector<int, std::__1::allocator<int>>, bool, BeatTrackerHints const&) + 3513

Edited by xgman

• 2 weeks later...

I am also experiencing a consistent crash, immediately after trying Apply project tempo.

Got messages similar to that shown by OP.

Yesterday on the same laptop, I did not use that option, and was able to work in multiple projects with many tracks. So laptop and Logic were fine right after the OS upgrade to version below.

To see if the crash was from my project, I tried the usual things:  went from Rosetta back to without, created new projects, picked smaller clips, rebooted. The crash still happens right after analysis starts.

LPX version:  10.8.1

Recently upgraded to:

Sonoma 14.4.1 (23E224)

• 3 weeks later...

Same crash problem here with LP 10.8 command Apply Region Tempo to Project. Tried restarting my Mac Studio. Opened original project, tried to apply Region Tempo to Project ... crashes. Enabled/disabled Rosetta ... crashes. Tried new project with new audio file ... crashes. Houston, we have a problem. This is a function I've used many, many times in the past but it's definitely an issue now.

But, I have an old Mac Pro with LPX on it. As a test, I opened a new (old) blank 10.4.6 project, imported the audio and ran the Region Tempo function which worked instantly. I saved the project and imported in to Logic Pro 10.8. Voila! And, of course, it worked like a champ. 

But it's not a fix. This just shows Logic Pro is having a problem analyzing Region Tempo. I hope Apple comes up with a fix soon. 

22 hours ago, Mark Scola said:

Same crash problem here with LP 10.8 command Apply Region Tempo to Project. Tried restarting my Mac Studio. Opened original project, tried to apply Region Tempo to Project ... crashes. Enabled/disabled Rosetta ... crashes. Tried new project with new audio file ... crashes. Houston, we have a problem. This is a function I've used many, many times in the past but it's definitely an issue now.

But, I have an old Mac Pro with LPX on it. As a test, I opened a new (old) blank 10.4.6 project, imported the audio and ran the Region Tempo function which worked instantly. I saved the project and imported in to Logic Pro 10.8. Voila! And, of course, it worked like a champ. 

But it's not a fix. This just shows Logic Pro is having a problem analyzing Region Tempo. I hope Apple comes up with a fix soon. 

I would advise you posting same in the official Apple Logic Pro Feedback website.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Atlas007 said: