Split Audio to .L and .R doesnt do the trick

Sir Hannes

Hi,

need to double an stereo atmosphere, following my ProTools trick to use a mono track with left channel followed by right channel = creating 2x length. 

LogicPro isn't capable to do this, or? First I had to bounce that audio region as SPLIT, but if I import Split.L on a mono track, the stereo-symbol appears again, still playing in mono. Error is: importing next Split.R, LogicPro asks to change my mono channel to stereo (eh!) and when I draw them over each other, also the visual waveform proof that it is identical, which should not be.  Very inscrutable behavior. 😉

Using the not useful way to create 2 tracks with each set to left/ right, I can clearly hear, what I want. 

Edited by Sir Hannes

First save a new version of your project.

Remove the .L and .R file from the Logic project (from the Audio Bin!!) and also the newly created stereo file.

Go into the Finder and rename the .L and .R file of the split stereo by removing .L and adding left (without dot!) and right (without dot!).

If you want: move the automatically created stereo to the trash.

Drag the ... left and ... right files into Logics tracks window - they are now not linked as stereo files.