Force connection from Send to Bus

Tiago Rocha

I'm saving some patches with effects, but whenever I load a new patch, the busses keep changing so if my track is sending to Bus 131, for example, if I load a new patch that was saved using Bus 131 as my main bus, it will maybe load it as Bus 132, 135, etc.

Here's some context:
image.png.d68df3344dd678034c059ec9857f7107.png

The "kick" track is sending to Bus 131, but when I load the patch, the Ping L bus is not always 131, so the send from "kick" will be lost and then I have to assign it again to the new bus. 

I'm not at all familiar with the Environment, but I wonder if that could be an option? Maybe not, but...

Also, on this topic (which could help with this issue): is it possible to force those busses to certain bus numbers? I want to save multiple patches with the exact same configuration in terms of flow, number of busses, etc, and the only thing that changes is the settings inside the Tape Delay plugins. So for that to be effective, I would need the patches to always load using the exact same busses, which clearly is not happening. Is this possible? I opened a patch using BBEdit and I can see a lot of info about the busses (I believe), but then when they are loaded, that information seems to be ignored completely

image.png.538b9c9036bb15eabbc763f78110249d.png

Edited by Tiago Rocha

10 hours ago, Atlas007 said:

I wonder if that is related to Logic’s Automatic Bus Assignment?

No, it's the same behavior whether that is set to All Busses or any other option. I tried that as well before posting here thinking it could be the issue.

10 hours ago, Atlas007 said:

Perhaps using the patch’s merging function could help?

This only limits some option of being loaded, which in this case doesn't make a difference, because the extra busses are not even loaded at all. When I load a patch (on an aux track) that contains a stack, all it loads is the stack strip. That's why I had to include an instrument and save it as an instrument stack.

And when I have the instrument patch loaded, the merging is not even available:
image.png.ca510662267a064e648b4ca40ab497ba.png