Why upgrade from Sonarworks Reference 4 to Sound ID?

I don't get the point to invest another 89€ into an upgrade to Sound ID to get white GUI. Anyone did this step and might explain me why Sound ID without mix-studio-environment or SPL crossfeed matrix (phonitor) is worth to buy it? 

Their youtube video and marketing website wasn't helpful indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

I upgraded because of a new computer. I could not upgrade on the old Mac. The old software would not work on the new Mac, so ....

I also use, or have the Slate VSX software. However, VSX is headphones only where as the SW can be used for both speakers and HPs. Neither are necessary if you know your speakers/headphones. 

• Like 1

• David Nahmani changed the title to Why upgrade from Sonarworks Reference 4 to Sound ID?

So it is like Waves Audio plan: if you upgrade your system either loose access or buy the upgrad without any new features.

@Atlas007 Sound ID is just a new name for the headphones and/ or loudspeaker correction plugin Sonarworks Reference, which I found quite good. They shifted more into consumer market like Dolby, think they make more money there. Then Reference was labeled as Sound ID.  

• Like 1