Logic Pro deleting takes

riviere939

I'm quite new to logic pro, and just today found some takes I had stitched together were now totally gone from the project I was working on.  Confused I went to the Revert backups, and the last one still had the takes.  I doubt I could've deleted them by accident, any idea on what happened so I can prevent this from happening again?

so I actually just found, this happened in another project for some reason, exact same problem, a take dissappeared, and when i reverted to the previous backup, it was there.  Very scary that something on a 200$ daw is deleting takes...

Could you post screenshots of the backup version (where everything is fine) and the version in which the take is gone? Might clarify a bit what you mean by "takes grouped close together" etc. and could help in finding out what could have caused this

This is a possibility: if you click on a track header, by default it highlights the regions on it. If you accidentally (or on purpose for something else) press the delete key it deletes the regions. You could have done this by looking at a different part of the arrangement, scrolling around. 

David said this many times here: click on the empty background in the arrange area before highlighting regions to delete. (This deselects every region) Other ones might have been selected (out of view) and you delete all selected ones. 

I think there is a setting where you can specify to select or not select regions on the track when clicking on a track header. 

Most of these problems are unfortunately user error. It could be the case here too. 

• Like 1