Anybody Want to Take a Stab at Troubleshooting a Waves/Logic Issue?

BobbyT
Go to solution Solved by des99,

Hello. My Waves plug ins do not appear in the Plug In Manager in Logic but they are visible in the channel inserts. They are however unusable with an orange sign and when I open the session a prompt appears saying the plug ins need to be installed onto my computer. They are Installed and Activated in Waves Central. Any ideas on how to get these plug ins going again? I moved a Wave folder in my Applications folder and perhaps Waves can't find it. I moved it back, no luck. 

Thanks.

Edited by BobbyT

• Solution
4 hours ago, BobbyT said:

I moved a Wave folder in my Applications folder and perhaps Waves can't find it.

It's because you did this, because that's where the Waveshell loads the actual plugins from.

Put it back, or reinstall the plugins, then run AU Reg util to register the available plugins to the Waveshell, and they should work again.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, des99 said:

It's because you did this, because that's where the Waveshell loads the actual plugins from.

Put it back, or reinstall the plugins, then run AU Reg util to register the available plugins to the Waveshell, and they should work again.

Yes, I figured this out the hard way. Thank you. 

• Like 2