This is an odd one, not strictly related to Logic, but I'm hoping some folks here might have some insight and/or suggestions.

I have a Mac Mini and an LG monitor connected via Thunderbolt. Audio is Scarlett 8i6 via USB-C. The problem is static electricity zaps. Often after walking across the room, when I touch the monitor - any metal part including the stand - I hear a static zap in the main speakers (via the Scarlett).

• Amazingly, the Mac Mini does not have a 3-prong AC plug, so it isn't grounded on its own.
  • I tried reversing the Mini's AC plug and that does not help.
  • The monitor is grounded.
  • It looks like Thunderbolt carries a ground signal, but I don't know if that means that the Mac is actually grounded via its TB connection to the monitor.
  • I don't get the audible zaps when I touch the Mini. Or any other piece of metal even remotely connected to any of this gear. Only the monitor.
  • Mac, monitor, Scarlett, and audio amp are all plugged into the same well-grounded AC circuit.
  • This did *not* happen when I had an iMac. So it's got to be something about the Mac Mini or the LG monitor.

A spooky part of this, and the reason it's such a problem, is that sometimes when this zap occurs, the Mac's core audio goes dead. Audio to the Scarlett or to any built in speakers does not work. The solution is to kill coreaudiod or reboot. Total Twilight Zone stuff.

Anyone ever see anything like this? Any words of wisdom? Thanks.