My Logic 10.4 files won't open in Logic 10.8

Throb59

14 hours ago, des99 said:

Logic should open those files fine. Could you be more specific than just “it doesn’t work”..? What happens specifically?

Logic can't open the 10.4 file. The name of the file appears in the folder "Used Documents", but it just doesn't open. It's also not possible to close Logic after I tried to open the file and I have to reboot the computer.

11 hours ago, Atlas007 said:

In worst cases, if realistic, you could consider rebuilding your project by importing from that 10.4 project file its data content into a fresh new project (not using a pre-existing project template).

That would be an insane amount of work, I have hundreds of 10.4 files...

27 minutes ago, Dan Banan said:

Thanks Throb59.
It opens without problem.
May I suggest first to open Logic without launching the audio driver.
If that works, start Logic without plugins.

Here is how to do that:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/101955

//Dan

Thank you, Dan. I tried all the suggestions, but Logic still doesn't open the 10.4 files. Logic works fine as long as I create new files, but as soon as I try to open an old 10.4 file, Logic crashes and I have to reboot.

That project opens fine for me in 10.8.1, so there's nothing wrong or corrupt about the project (which is good), so whatever the problem is, it's something on your system.

You say Logic crashes - can you post the crash log?

I'd try trashing your Logic preferences, and/or running Logic in a new, test user account and seeing whether that changes the behaviour.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dan Banan said:

Yes, a crash log is always welcome.
Another thing to try is to create a new admin account and try with that.

//Dan

EDIT:

Just noticed des 99 suggested the same thing🥴

I tried a new admin account and when Logic opened it told me there is a problem with the validation of Audio Units. I suspect it has something to do with the Kontakt player. I'll try to fix it. Thanks for your help!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, des99 said:

That project opens fine for me in 10.8.1, so there's nothing wrong or corrupt about the project (which is good), so whatever the problem is, it's something on your system.

You say Logic crashes - can you post the crash log?

I'd try trashing your Logic preferences, and/or running Logic in a new, test user account and seeing whether that changes the behaviour.

Thank you, Des99. I think the Kontakt Player is the problem. I'm trying to fix that now.

• Like 1