How to: prepare midi files for export & export multipe midi files at once?

Raoulsplace

I intend to export Standard MIDI Files from Logic Pro X 10.8.1. However, there are two steps mentioned in the manual that I can't seem to find in Logic Pro X's menus:

-Convert all aliases into real copies by selecting Functions > Region Alias > Convert Alias to a Copy.
and..
-Insert all instrument MIDI settings as events by choosing Functions > Insert Instrument MIDI Settings as Events.

Could you please guide me on the steps I should take to prepare my MIDI files for export? If I don't prepare the MIDI files beforehand, sometimes the MIDI data doesn't align correctly after export and re-import.

Additionally, I'm struggling to export multiple MIDI files with the names corresponding to the MIDI regions. When I select multiple MIDI regions (let's say 6), and then choose "Export: Selection as MIDI File", instead of finding 6 MIDI files in my folder, I only see 1 MIDI file.

Thank you for your assistance!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Raoulsplace,

On 4/22/2024 at 4:14 PM, Raoulsplace said:

However, there are two steps mentioned in the manual that I can't seem to find in Logic Pro X's menus:

-Convert all aliases into real copies by selecting Functions > Region Alias > Convert Alias to a Copy.

Are you using region aliases at all? If not, that step wouldn't apply of course. Regardless, that option is indeed there:

Screenshot2024-05-01at11_13_33.thumb.png.91bb4f4eee2f35ce3af1728f156774af.png

and..
-Insert all instrument MIDI settings as events by choosing Functions > Insert Instrument MIDI Settings as Events.

It's also there under the same menu:

Screenshot2024-05-01at11_16_23.thumb.png.7283788d80e98e01478912453fdf3744.png

If I don't prepare the MIDI files beforehand, sometimes the MIDI data doesn't align correctly after export and re-import.

Maybe you can give a more concrete example?

Additionally, I'm struggling to export multiple MIDI files with the names corresponding to the MIDI regions. When I select multiple MIDI regions (let's say 6), and then choose "Export: Selection as MIDI File", instead of finding 6 MIDI files in my folder, I only see 1 MIDI file.

If you open or import that file in Logic, you should see separate regions with their original names.

J.

• Like 1