Exporting Logic Session Data (Audio & MIDI) to other DAWs

micdim

This is the best way to export/import audio files that also have midi files. Excellent Tutorial! On every midi track that have CC or Program changes, make sure you put a midi note at the beginning of your project. 1.1.1.1. Also don't forget to join every audio region in each track to make one long midi track. No breaks!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

What if you’re working with film and your session starts before 01:00:00:00, like 00:59:50:00 which gives a 10 sec pre-roll. 
My MIDI export is coming through all wonky to the person who is importing it into Reaper. It’s been driving me crazy as I can’t seem to figure out why… 

I’ve found the key is having every midi region start at bar 1 beat 1 whether you have a note there or not… otherwise MIDI exports from Logic are borked. I see this as a bug actually, it’s pretty silly we have to jump through so many hoops just to export midi. But it is possible to export cleanly, it’s just incredibly annoying. I much prefer to work in Pro Tools when dealing with raw midi data, it’s cleaner and more predictable.