A couple of newbie questions

Gridscape
Go to solution Solved by Atlas007,

Hi

I've just purchased MainStage (there was a comment here to say don't touch it but its only £30) for playback of audio backing, The audio is 'extras' not the main backing. So its only being used with the Playback plugin to run audio files, no loops, samples or triggers.

Q1/ It appears to be pointing at the files on my external drive. I don't really want to take that out on shows, is there a way of migrating these onto my laptop without losing the path? Otherwise looks like I'll have to reload them.

2/ After much fiddling about (not much of any help on YouTube) I found what works is to have the songs as Patches directly under the Concert level. Is this an okay way to arrange stuff in this circumstance?

I've managed to map a Korg nanoKontrol2 so that it starts/stop and swaps song. I have to say I'm impressed with the nice big performance window - our drummer won't need his glasses.

Any feedback from the experienced users much appreciated.

Edited by Gridscape
spelling

• Solution
9 hours ago, Gridscape said:

Q1/ It appears to be pointing at the files on my external drive. I don't really want to take that out on shows, is there a way of migrating these onto my laptop without losing the path? Otherwise looks like I'll have to reload them.

I would think that, indeed, you would have to indicate that audio file’s new location (in your laptop drive’s) to the Playback, otherwise Mainstage’s plugin won’t find same. But for clarity sake, what do you mean by "without losing the path"?

9 hours ago, Gridscape said:

2/ After much fiddling about (not much of any help on YouTube) I found what works is to have the songs as Patches directly under the Concert level. Is this an okay way to arrange stuff in this circumstance?

IIRW, Concert is at the highest hierarchy level, encompassing songs, which encompasses patches, which could be grouped into sets… Depending of the circumstances, if that fulfill your needs, there is no restriction in that configuration. Patches/channelstrips that are located in concert level will be available for all songs.

• Like 2

Thanks v much Atlas - I meant the filepath from the app to where the files are stored. I'll copy them onto the laptop and reload them.

I'm relieved the heirachy seems fine. Although it took me a while to get started - I like what I've seen so far in MainStage. The alternative (Ableton Live was suggest and Q-Lab) are way more expensive and this will hopefully do the job.

• Like 1