Queueing cells in Live Loops: "Command not available because the selected cells are muted."

alexe
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Whenever I try to use the keyboard shortcut Option-Enter to queue a cell, I get the error message "Command not available because the selected cells are muted.". But the selected cell(s) are not muted (see attached screenshot). When I select any of the cells shown in the screenshot and hit Option-Enter, the error message appears. What am I doing wrong?

Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 22.39.47.png

Edited by alexe

5 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

I get the same here when selecting cells, I suppose it's a bug? 

If you select a scene and not cells, then the key command works as expected. 

Yeah must be a bug then, since it also works when you option-click the center of a cell. And as you say the key command works as expected for scenes, just not for individual cells.

6 minutes ago, Atlas007 said:

If I understand well, Logic doesn’t allow queueing scenes while cells are already queued?

No, queueing a scene while individual cells are already queued works fine. If you queue a scene, any other queued cells just get dequeued. Queueing scenes is generally not the problem, the only issue is the Option-Enter key command for queueing individual cells not working.

1 minute ago, alexe said:

No, queueing a scene while individual cells are already queued works fine. If you queue a scene, any other queued cells just get dequeued. Queueing scenes is generally not the problem, the only issue is the Option-Enter key command for queueing individual cells not working.

So, it’s the other way around: to attempt queueing cells while there are already queued scenes that poses problem…?

10 minutes ago, Atlas007 said:

So, it’s the other way around: to attempt queueing cells while there are already queued scenes that poses problem…?

No, as I said above, the only problem is that the key command for queueing individual cells is not working. That key command is not working in general, unrelated to the order in which you try to queue things.

Queueing anything in any order works just fine. You can queue a scene and then queue individual cells from other scenes, you can queue anything in any order.

Ah! At the risk to look dumb (although, I think that is already too late 🥴), the problem being with key-command queueing: is this possible to customize that key-command? In that event, would the problem persists?

Edited by Atlas007