Studio Pics

minimalism. i work out of a studio in manhattan, but do writing/post-production at home...and lately, more mixing.

Cool setup. CMS40 or CMS50?

40s. what really helps are the stands (isoacoustics); the sound is SO much better since i added them.

i love the simplicity (i come from the mackie/adat era). working in the box rocks!

Looks like you live in an apartment. Would you recommend the CMS40s over the 50s for that scenario?

brooklyn :mrgreen:

depends on your space, your needs. the 40s were the best small(est) monitors i found, and they work for me. but...how loud can you go? how big is your room?

anyway, love these monitors (especially since i got these stands)...

• 1 month later...
My little cozy spot for writing and mixing. The lamps are in fact not floating, but on top of my yammy HS80m's. In the day I get some nice natural light, and at night it's all aboard the blue spaceship. The photo makes it look fairly dark, but in actuality it's about 25% more lit.

Wow that looks great!! A little mystic... I wish I could see what your desk looks like during the day.

I have a touch of the ol' OCD which forces me to keep things tidy. I dust twice a day and taught myself to clean up right after I'm done using something. Sometimes it's a pain in the ass, but most of the time the minimal clutter keeps me focused on whatever project I'm working.

Luckily, that same process works great around the rest of the house. When I cook, I time everything and clean as I go, so when I'm plating, the dishes are done and there's no mess. My wife on the other hand does not have this skill. When she cooks it looks like hurricane sandy was invited over for dinner. :P

I have a touch of the ol' OCD which forces me to keep things tidy. I dust twice a day and taught myself to clean up right after I'm done using something. Sometimes it's a pain in the ass, but most of the time the minimal clutter keeps me focused on whatever project I'm working.P

Hey Toronto Composer, just noticed that you have 10.9 in your signature.. do you have the Developer's beta running? If so, are you running LPX on it? How is it running? I read that Apple included several optimization features in Mavericks. Just curious to know if LPX is working well..

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...