Studio Pics

Thank ya!

hey! You have a Saffire Pro 40 too.

How do you like yours?

I like mine for the price point.

The pre amp sound... nah.

But it's a good value and well built.

And being a drummer and having the intention to record myself I need at least 8 pres.

So I had to find a balance between quality and price not be unbalanced financially.

:wink:

Nice

:) :)

Yeah, I like it. Sometimes I find the gain knobs a little fiddly when setting up stereo ins tho - I wish there was a way to pair them up. But that's a minor gripe really & not showstopping by any means.

When I was looking for a new interface it was the best specced unit I could find for my needs at the cheapest price. I think it fairs quite well on both quality & price, using it doesn't feel like a compromise.

I can't lie, if I can't get a song to sound good on an beater 4 track it won't pass the smell test to fire up the real gear.

Just give me a metronome and a acoustic first - arrange, record, rearrange, put it down for a week, come back, listen after a few Jack & Cokes - if it holds up, it's go time.

If I start in Logic, or even GB I find myself going down the rabbit hole with all the endless possibilities EXS24, channel strips effects, I'm an habitual knob tweaker, best to have my road map first.

I love Logic tho, love it. I'll post up my real studio pics once I decide on the right upgrades... still pondering...

That's right. Good balance between quality and price.

Yeah, I like it. Sometimes I find the gain knobs a little fiddly when setting up stereo ins tho - I wish there was a way to pair them up. But that's a minor gripe really & not showstopping by any means.

When I was looking for a new interface it was the best specced unit I could find for my needs at the cheapest price. I think it fairs quite well on both quality & price, using it doesn't feel like a compromise.

Just give me a metronome and a acoustic first - arrange, record, rearrange, put it down for a week, come back, listen after a few Jack & Cokes - if it holds up, it's go time.

If I start in Logic, or even GB I find myself going down the rabbit hole with all the endless possibilities EXS24, channel strips effects, I'm an habitual knob tweaker, best to have my road map first.

I'm very similar. I'll play stuff on an acoustic for ages before committing to anything. I still do a lot of arranging once the skeletal form is in Logic, but many of the decisions will already have been made.

Different story if I'm doing electronica though.

• 1 month later...
new Hi-Wall Split air conditioning system... I'm liking it. ;)

Hey DG, I did a search on 'HW Split AC', looks interesting, Carrier state, "QUIET"...

offer a QUIET, efficient & safe alternative

I would assume such, being your using one in your studio (and talking about it :wink: ), but just how quiet are these units, can you really record while the system in in operation, or what? Usually studio AC involves complex ducting, but is this a valid work-around for the home recordist.

Well, after enjoying watching the amazing setups people came up with, here is how my little home studio looks like, I hope you'd like it.

[attachment=2]386221_10150435467279039_582889038_8786419_527400659_n.jpg[/attachment]

Really nice. I wish one day I can have one like yours. Still saving up my money.

Well, after enjoying watching the amazing setups people came up with, here is how my little home studio looks like, I hope you'd like it.

[attachment=2]386221_10150435467279039_582889038_8786419_527400659_n.jpg[/attachment]

Really nice. I wish one day I can have one like yours. Still saving up my money.

cheers, and good luck!

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

96.jpg.2c61cd6eb9261a023b56a61e9c1b4270.jpgI recently completed this bespoke desk for my studio.

im really delighted with it . its a great space and looks fantastic!.

It took me 6 weeks solid work to construct, all from sheets of veneered MDF.

If folks are interested and want to see more, i can set something up on a web page. just let me know.

92.jpg.5eb54d0264e44e9401ccfc2b9f9a6c41.jpg

99.jpg.729b5f6a8ee04146a397e24669f983b1.jpg

Seems that we will finally settle down in a house here in Vegas in a few months... I can't wait - finally getting back to a full rig and a treated room. Not to mention a bigger screen.

Here's a few pics of the portable set up through the last 18 months or so.

NY 2011

http://imageshack.us/a/img842/8708/29459010150303519302582.jpg

Madrid 2011

http://imageshack.us/a/img864/4417/img3847.jpg

Moscow 2012

http://imageshack.us/a/img194/3964/img4105or.jpg

New York 2012

http://imageshack.us/a/img27/6483/img4733w.jpg

Las Vegas 2012/13

http://imageshack.us/a/img6/4646/22705010151183753517582.jpg