Stuttering effect and long rises

As far as the stuttering effect it might be done manually in the arrange, I think thats the way Il do it, work, but worth it.

In Revolution by Rocket, the sample comes in around 4 minutes, is from an old song, donno about it but heard it in a coffee shop recently. They stretch out a note in a stuttering effect. Is anyone familiar with that?

I manually automated the pitch and freq filter, drew a straight line up, but it sounds choppy, it moves up in intervals, not good. How would I achieve a smooth pitch bend upwards?

Thanks

If you post s#!+ on myspace include a link.

By the sounds of it what you need to do is route an envelope, OR ramp up LFO to the main pitch of your synth or oscillator pitch.

In the first instance set the attack as slow as you require. In the latter set the LFO rate to the required rate. for stutters you could try a square wave LFO in the main amp. or on the filter cutoff; or you could set a gate up on the channel, and sidechain a rhythmic element to the gate. Or you could bounce the sound to audio and cut it manually.

1. Bounce down your part and do microedits manually by going nuts with the scissors or cheat by using livecut, supatrigga, instajungle etc. A great combination of these is running the audio through some of those mangling devices for a few minutes and THEN pcik out the good parts and manually edit.

2. You're on the right track, to achieve the slow bend, set portamento high and make a (for example) c-1 note slide over to a (let's say) c-6 note and then tweak portamento and the notes until it sounds right. And when automating filter, don't draw in hypereditor, press a and use the lines for smoothness.

Hi Trevor.

Could you plz tell me how to automate frequency shifts in Logic.

Nooby question I know, but I cant work out how to send midi, via the time line on a written keyboard line, to open and close the frequency on my keyboards.

I can draw in volume changes and alter effects but thats it.

Can u help?

Cheers,

Dan.