Basic Korg NanoKontroller Environment

i have noticed that the bottom end of my keyboard (88) i get like an octave of way high notes..... is there a key range assignment hidden anywhere in the layers....

brilliant environment by the way - it totally rocks!!!

Not that I know of, but I can look.

What instrument(s) is this happening with? Are you using other controllers too?

i have noticed that the bottom end of my keyboard (88) i get like an octave of way high notes..... is there a key range assignment hidden anywhere in the layers....

brilliant environment by the way - it totally rocks!!!

I think I found it.

The Environment Template didn't have the sequencer Input object.

That object is needed to get the software Instruments to sound.

I tried connecting the Squencer Input to the monitor and got exactly what you described.

Try connecting the Physical Input NanoK port directly to the 1st Fader object.

Connect the Sum port to the Sequencer Input object.

That made things better.

Thanks for finding that.

1924558032_Picture1.png.dde06db8d3690139618b655125e5e04e.png

hi guys...i'm trying to figure this thing out....

i really dont want to get into the environment for, just stick with the learn mode but i can't get the mute and solo to work properly.

in the korg editor, i've set all the buttons to 'toggle' mode [then write data to controller] and the button do go on/off properly but logic does not respond properly: you have to push twice for the mute/solo to turn on/off so the toggle is not the way it should be.

i've set the nano in ableton live without issues so i'm assuming there's something in logic that needs to be changed but can't figure out what.

i've played with 'controller assignment' window and tried everything in there but no luck.

can anybody confirm this for me if not much trouble? can u perhaps open a new file and assign [via the 'controller assignment'] the mute and solo to the nano buttons and tell me if it works for you?

btw, i'm on the last version of logic on osx 10.4.11.....thx.

hi guys...i'm trying to figure this thing out....

i really dont want to get into the environment for, just stick with the learn mode but i can't get the mute and solo to work properly.

in the korg editor, i've set all the buttons to 'toggle' mode [then write data to controller] and the button do go on/off properly but logic does not respond properly: you have to push twice for the mute/solo to turn on/off so the toggle is not the way it should be.

i've set the nano in ableton live without issues so i'm assuming there's something in logic that needs to be changed but can't figure out what.

i've played with 'controller assignment' window and tried everything in there but no luck.

can anybody confirm this for me if not much trouble? can u perhaps open a new file and assign [via the 'controller assignment'] the mute and solo to the nano buttons and tell me if it works for you?

btw, i'm on the last version of logic on osx 10.4.11.....thx.

When you hit the LEARN button, press the korg button twice.

i see ur the man with the answers on this topic-great help, we need more people like u around...

i've just found another one of your replies where you've mentioned the double click and it is working now, thx.

do you know if you can move the controls in the list up and down? i've kinda did it randomly and i'd like to arrange them in track# order but can't find any info in the 'control surfaces support' manual.

i see ur the man with the answers on this topic-great help, we need more people like u around...

i've just found another one of your replies where you've mentioned the double click and it is working now, thx.

do you know if you can move the controls in the list up and down? i've kinda did it randomly and i'd like to arrange them in track# order but can't find any info in the 'control surfaces support' manual.

You can use the Learn function and copy and paste things into different sections (modes).

You can also rotate thru the modes and bank your channel strips.

You can Learn an FX insert once and control it by selecting it and the strip it is in.

To answer your question, Yes you can but you need to do the copy and paste and then delete the older info. It can get confusing really quick.

I like the learn function, but this Environment set up seems to be more flexible and stable.

• 2 weeks later...
thanks for this, working good on my non korg controller. just one question, when trying to record track automation for volume/pan, it doesnt save the automation, just moves the knobs/faders, but if i midi learn the vol/pan and use this new knob/fader it'll record the automation just fine, any idea how come and if theres a way to make it work like that?

thanks for this, working good on my non korg controller. just one question, when trying to record track automation for volume/pan, it doesnt save the automation, just moves the knobs/faders, but if i midi learn the vol/pan and use this new knob/fader it'll record the automation just fine, any idea how come and if theres a way to make it work like that?

Hi JD,

Eventually I will 'tie' everything together including the automation.

I went as far as 16 banks of 8 channels for each section (i.e.128 of audio, 128 of Instrument... ).

That includes the volume. pan, mute, solo, 8 busses per channels and the 14/15 inserts for FX and instruments.

This is still using only the 1st scene.

For now, I would suggest using scene 2 and the learn function for the automation of anything you wish to automate.

Thanks.

Hey, I'l be honest when I used your enviroment, I had never used one before, the main problem I have is I do work at college then come home and do it here, but if I use enviroments only to do this I have to shift all the work onto a new logic file is there not a way I can just do this in Learn?

With Learn the only problem I have is it isnt easy (I can't find a way) to select the parameter, but I've gotten a fader and a pan or two to work. Then it won't let me select parameter but it decides for me.

Any help would be good, I'm waisting (i mean really waisting since it's assignments I should be doing) time on this.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello: korg has posted templates for logic and some other applications into their spanish web.

I'll test the template and I'll let you know.

Regards,

neomad

¿Por qué no publicar el enlace aquí?

Hi, yes sorry. The link:

http://www.korg.es/images/stories/software/Plantillas_nanos/nanoKONTROL.zip

I've installed and works perfectly, but it is very basic.

Transport controls, mute, solo, track volume and pan. UP to 32 tracks (8 tracks per scene)

Regards

Am I missing anything? I downloaded the Korg stuff, and followed their instructions yet it doesn't work?

Any ideas?

Yes, look into Midi port. Mine was routed to incorrect port, so I've changed one by one.

( midi out was routed to MOTU Fastrack instead Korg Nanokontrol).

You can verify that in controller asignement.

Very best regards,

Neomad

I have run into an issue with using the nano Kontrol with the nano Key. If I have the nano Kontrol plugged in Shiver's environment works great. If I plug in the nano Key the nano Kontrol quits working.

Does anyone know what is happening here? I would really like to be able to play an instrument and tweak it too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!