Warm string Pad for Church to sit under a piano sound.....

Urgently need a warm pad sound to sit under a piano voice. Does anyone have a preset inside Mainstage or one they have made themselves which is just like a warm pad sound which would sit under the preacher in a church setting. It needs to sustain, but have no pitch oscillations or tremolo type stuff on it. Ensoniq had a voice a while back called "Warm Bath" which I am tempted to sample if I can't get the Logic Synth to produce. Thanks

Hey Doc,

There are tons of channel strips in Logic Studio's library, I would start looking there. I think you should find what you're looking for in there. Easiest way is: create a new software instrument track, and look at the Library on your right. Go to 05 Synthesizers > 02 Synth Pads and in there you'll find dozens of channel strip settings.

Maybe you'll find one that is very close to what you want but has a little unwanted modulation - if that's the case let us know and we can help you get rid of the modulation.

I find myself using a lot of the included channel strip settings, but tweaking them to make them a little more static, or a little less processed so they can sit in the mix and fit the need.

Hope that helps.

• 14 years later...

Dear friends, I'm rather new to Logic Pro X and have been unable to find help regarding a subject that's somewhat related to the above thread. I'm attempting to produce a mix that allows me to record MIDI data (from my keyboard) and simultaneously have it play my piano plug-in (Native Instrument's "The Grandeur") and also a warm pad from Logic. In other words, I'd love to have a "dual voice" effect like I have on my Yamaha keyboard where I have the piano as the main voice and a Warm Pad playing "behind" it. But I have two technical challenges:

1. How do I have one track of MIDI notes that I've recorded into Logic play two different instruments (the piano + the warm pad)? My only solution thus far has been to create one track for the piano and another for the pad, then combine them into a "summing track" via Shift+Cmd+G. Is that the best solution for what I'm attempting to do? My mix will eventually contain vocals and strings as well, but right now I'm just attempting to handle this piano + pad challenge.

2. My second challenge, please, is this:  I can't find a single pad within Logic that's a simple warm pad like the kind one customarily uses in "dual mode" on their Keyboard behind their piano voice. Can anyone please guide me as to where in Logic I can find one? I've found a lot of esoteric pads in the library, but nothing simple like the "WarmPad" in Yamaha keyboards.

And if you know of any links where I can find a discussion of this, that would be great too. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer me 🙂

Mark

The summing stack method you describe is likely the simplest one, considering that you plan to stack other voices on top…

Using Alias could be another approach which might allow a little more versatility.

For the sought warm pad, perhaps providing a sonic example of the desired sound could help pointing you in the right direction…