question on guitar

Sounds like your guitar is good enough... Also about pushing to hard. There is a little thing you can do to familiarize yourself with just how 'little' pressure it takes to push down the string. A common mistake with beginners is to press down way to hard. Try playing a chord (or scale) but only press down hard enough to make the notes sound but TRY to make them buzz. Now push a TINY bit more and notice how now the notes sound good without buzzing. This is all the pressure needed when playing.

Not sure what you mean about guitar 'humming', but if you are talking about fret buzz then it is more about the left hand than how you are picking it. As far as picks go. I would recommend only using med to heavy gauge picks. The floppy little soft ones don't have any accuracy, precision or force (the main benefits to using a pick) and the smoothness that you can get with a softer pick when strumming chords with a softer pick can be accomplished by modifying the angle of attack on the strings (with a harder pick). A lot of guitarists may disagree with me on this one but NEVER use a thin pick!!!

Also picking with a pick is more about the wrist than the fingers...

Keep it up...

using a cheap little casio (or cheapo instrument of any kind) is great for playing around with and learning some basic skills. But for any formal study of piano or keyboard skills you will need something with more octaves. And something with good velocity sensitivity (127 steps to the velocity as opposed to 8 or whatever). Velocity is how hard the key is hit.

i'm going to look for andres's book now and a med to heavy pick. I will be getting a 88 midi keyboard soon with hammer action which I am quite excited about. I'm headed out the door right now to go to the music store to also pick up my second book on piano as I finished my first in a little over a month Yay!. Thanks for your advice and I will try the things you mentioned on my guitar. Thanks again Robinloops