A Better, Faster Way to Use the Logic 9 Manuals

David Nahmani

This is a simple - but genius - tip, brought to you by members Eric Bradley and Sevenfold in another thread (Thanks guys!).

If you're frustrated by the new Logic 9 Help, and want a better, faster way to navigate the manuals, triple-click the URL below, then copy and paste it in your favorite browser (no internet connection necessary).

file:///Applications/Logic%20Pro.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/logicpro_help/index.html

Hi,

Some users on the Apple Logic forum (including me) have put together a provisional LP 9 manual in PDF format. It is in two parts: One part with only the chapters that start with "working with/in", and the other part with the rest. There are still some format errors in it, but it works well, the text and the pictures are in the right place, and search works faster. I wonder if it is possible to upload it to LPH? Together they're 105 MB.

regards, Erik.

Some users on the Apple Logic forum (including me) have put together a provisional LP 9 manual in PDF format. It is in two parts: One part with only the chapters that start with "working with/in", and the other part with the rest. There are still some format errors in it, but it works well, the text and the pictures are in the right place, and search works faster. I wonder if it is possible to upload it to LPH? Together they're 105 MB.

Can you please contact me with the "contact me" button at the bottom of this post and I'll give you my email so you can send it to me, then I can upload it.

Thanks!

• 4 months later...

OMG this "Manual via browser" is a thing of beauty!

Much appreciated.

Edit....this just got better when I realized that I can put the main address in the quicklinks bar AND use tabs for different topics. There's been a few times where I wished I could keep a page open while looking for something else in the regular manual.

You can even amend one of the plist files to customise the Help Menu.

I picked up this tip from another forum. All you have to do is open the following file in a text editor:

/Applications/Logic Pro.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/HelpMenu.plist

The entries here can be edited to point at PDFs, HTML files, web pages etc. It's all reasonably self-explanatory once you're in there. Back up the old one first though! If anyone needs it I can post my file as a template. Blank entries even appear as dividing lines. Very nifty.

cheers

Chris

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I picked up this tip from another forum. All you have to do is open the following file in a text editor:

The entries here can be edited to point at PDFs, HTML files, web pages etc. It's all reasonably self-explanatory once you're in there. Back up the old one first though! If anyone needs it I can post my file as a template. Blank entries even appear as dividing lines. Very nifty.

cheers

Chris

i do not have the file you mention in your post.

i get into the English.lproj folder but it does not have a HelpMenu.plist file

to edit.

where can i get this file ?

Hey,

I tried this link and it doesn't work. I do however have Logic Express. I tried changing the address to file:///Applications/Logic%20Express.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/logicpro_help/index.html I figured that was logical :roll: but it didn't work

Solved :D

:oops:

file:///Applications/Logic%20Express.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/logicexpress_help/index.html

Edited by Junglist_NL

The entries here can be edited to point at PDFs, HTML files, web pages etc.

...and you can even edit that plist to include

Title

Logic Pro Help Search

URL

http://www.logicprohelp.com/search.php

:)

• 1 month later...

The entries here can be edited to point at PDFs, HTML files, web pages etc.

...and you can even edit that plist to include

Title

Logic Pro Help Search

URL

http://www.logicprohelp.com/search.php

:)

Thanks guys, this is superior!.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/amrz1/helpmenu.png

I included LPH Search and Offline version of the help :lol:

• 6 months later...

This is an old thread, but it's new to me.

I did the following for my Korg Oasys manuals, since the most recent version did not have a print form. I am very satisfied with the results. You need a pdf version of any manual, or anything, for that matter.

Go to http://www.fedex.com/us/office/

then click "FedEx Office® Print Online" and follow the prompts, pay the $$, and pick it up the next day. Excellent, plastic-coated wire-bound double sided print manuals with clear vinyl cover on the front and black vinyl cover on the back. I prefer printed manuals, especially for a little light reading when not at a computer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...