How can I delete multiple tracks in the Arrange window?

63strat

How can I delete multiple audio or MIDI tracks in the Arrange window? My projects are large, with many VIs. If I keep selecting tracks one by one and hit the delete menu option, after 5 tracks or so, Logic will get buggy, start reloading all my Kontakts, and crash. I don't want to use Delete Unused, since there are some tracks I do want to keep. If I try to delete multiple tracks in the Mixer, I'm left with dead tracks in the Arrange with Xs in them. Thx.

How can I delete multiple audio or MIDI tracks in the Arrange window? My projects are large, with many VIs. If I keep selecting tracks one by one and hit the delete menu option, after 5 tracks or so, Logic will get buggy, start reloading all my Kontakts, and crash.

That's odd. Maybe take it slow, delete a track, wait a mn, delete another, etc...?

I don't want to use Delete Unused, since there are some tracks I do want to keep.

You could pencil in a dummy region on the tracks you want to keep, then use Track > Delete Unused.

Pencil in? That's a great idea.

BTW, I think this whole thing is a memory issue, since I did get a message a few times about the clipboard not being large enough when deleting tracks. I'm not sure what Logic does when it deletes tracks, but it seems to take some effort in that each track takes about 5-6 seconds to delete.

BTW, I think this whole thing is a memory issue, since I did get a message a few times about the clipboard not being large enough when deleting tracks. I'm not sure what Logic does when it deletes tracks, but it seems to take some effort in that each track takes about 5-6 seconds to delete.

That's why I was suggesting taking your time: I believe if you use the "Automatic Management of Channel Strip Objects" option (which is on by default since L8), Logic has to uninstantiate all plug-ins and reset the channel strip when deleting a track. That might also mean free up some memory ...

BTW, I think this whole thing is a memory issue, since I did get a message a few times about the clipboard not being large enough when deleting tracks.

This may has something to do with the undo-steps. Logic will be forced to keep your deleted channels in memory, if they are still within the number of undo-steps chosen in prefs.

Does your problem still occour when you choose "0"undo-steps? (Make a backup before trying)

Nick

I'm sorry if I'm off topic, but seems to be the same thing that appens to me just now, more or less.

I'm working Midi now, but in a huge project: lots of tracks, not so many plugs. It's for my live set with the candles...

I need to record a few simple Midi tracks at the beginning of the project, but if I try to move/delete the last recorded region Logic hangs, and after a minute or so the fan begins spinning like an airplane.

I've tryied with the "0 undo" trick, but nothing.

Corrupted preferences?

tanx for your attention

still me...

I've tried to trash the preferences, to unselect/re-select the interface, to restart Logic and the Mac, but nothing: there is a single track midi track, played by a EXS24II instrument that hang Logic, no matter how long I wait: it hangs!...

I've seen in the Activity Monitor ( when hanged) that Logic use 107% of the CPU

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2464/3966016975_0712b2c904.jpg

I've deselected the instrument: nothing, it hangs...

any idea?

Tanx

(P.S.: maybe I've found the culprit: is the patch used into the EXS24II. Once selected another one all the troubles disappear)

:?