Any estimated release date on LS 10

Reed

LP10 is due to be released on 10/10/2010.

Where is it?

I got a beta copy today. Been playing around with it all morning and, to be honest, I'm not sure it's ready for distribution yet. I mean, yeah, it comes bundled with Melodyne, Vienna Instruments, and Stylus RMX and that's all great stuff -- especially considering that the upgrade price is only gonna be $50. But the Bob Katz mastering channel strips cause it to crash constantly.

In other news, they've thinned out the program somewhat. They've eliminated the environment and the score editor in the "Pro" version. People who still want those features have to pay an upgrade fee to unlock "Logic Pro Advanced".

On the MIDI front, they've gotten rid of MIDI output from Logic. The focus is on internal plugins now. But you can still input MIDI, of course. And to that effect, MIDI clock is back! Yes, you can once again slave Logic to external MIDI clock. I'm sure that'll make a lot of people happy.

LP10 is due to be released on 10/10/2010.

Where is it?

I got a beta copy today. Been playing around with it all morning and, to be honest, I'm not sure it's ready for distribution yet. I mean, yeah, it comes bundled with Melodyne, Vienna Instruments, and Stylus RMX and that's all great stuff -- especially considering that the upgrade price is only gonna be $50. But the Bob Katz mastering channel strips cause it to crash constantly.

In other news, they've thinned out the program somewhat. They've eliminated the environment and the score editor in the "Pro" version. People who still want those features have to pay an upgrade fee to unlock "Logic Pro Advanced".

On the MIDI front, they've gotten rid of MIDI output from Logic. The focus is on internal plugins now. But you can still input MIDI, of course. And to that effect, MIDI clock is back! Yes, you can once again slave Logic to external MIDI clock. I'm sure that'll make a lot of people happy.

Why be sarcastic?? My apologies if you were being somewhat serious.

Edited by Raddler

I don't have a beta copy but I had lunch the other day with one of the developers working on Logic 10 and I have it on very good authority that Logic 10 will include all of the features that hardcore Logic users want combined with all of the features that Pro Tools users boast about and the new version is going to be called Logic Pro Tools 1.0

Price for upgrade from Logic Pro and Pro Tools to be decided.

I don't have a beta copy but I had lunch the other day with one of the developers working on Logic 10 and I have it on very good authority that Logic 10 will include all of the features that hardcore Logic users want combined with all of the features that Pro Tools users boast about and the new version is going to be called Logic Pro Tools 1.0

?

?

See? What is in your pants is now startin' to look pretty good, eh? :twisted:

(I think the reality is that NO ONE KNOWS except Stevie J, and he NEVER tells ahead of time... I suspect (I'm only guessing here, of course) that what's in HIS pants must be MIGHTY BIG INDEED!!!!)

Is that a new version of Logic in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

:lol:

This same question comes around like a stale fruitcake at Christmas or a strolling accordionist at your favorite bistro who only knows one song. (That last bit was for ReinMan). Or, "which is better, Pro Tools or Logic"?

So you want to know where the sarcasm comes from? It comes from people posting unanswerable questions. It also comes from people resurrecting a 10 month old thread asking "where is it" when the information about the release date was farcical to begin with. And asking 'where it is' it kinda shows that you didn't even read the thread, because if you had you'd have run across David's answer. Or maybe you were being sarcastic yourself. Who knows.

Anyway, here's the bottom line: No one who knows when Logic 10 will be released is allowed to talk about it. End of story. You will find out when it's released when myself and the rest of the general public does.

[edited for stuuupppit spelling errors]

Edited by ski

This same question comes around like a stale fruitcake at Christmas or a strolling accordionist at your favorite bistro who only knows one song. (That last bit was for ReinMan). Or, "which is better, Pro Tools or Logic"?

So you want to know where the sarcasm comes from? It comes from people posting unanswerable questions. It also comes from people resurrecting a 10 month old thread asking "where is it" when the information about the release date was farcical to begin with. And asking 'where it is' it kinda shows that you didn't even read the thread, because if you had you'd have run across David's answer. Or maybe you were being sarcastic yourself. Who knows.

Anyway, here's the bottom line: No one who knows when Logic 10 will be release is allowed to talk about it. End of story. You will find out when it's released when myself and the rest of the general public does.

Dude. As an accordionist, you only NEED TO KNOW ONE SONG. Who the f*ck is gonna stick around to hear a SECOND song. :roll:

Dude. As an accordionist, you only NEED TO KNOW ONE SONG. Who the f*ck is gonna stick around to hear a SECOND song. :roll:

That assumes that anyone -- other than a musician -- could tell the difference between them. Besides, having a word with management about the one-song accordionist isn't one of those swords a reasonable person would think to fall on. Speaking of which, did you ever get anyone to remove that Samurai sword from your squeezebox after that Jewish-Japanese bar mitzvah you played last weekend?

That assumes that anyone -- other than a musician -- could tell the difference between them. Besides, having a word with management about the one-song accordionist isn't one of those swords a reasonable person would think to fall on. Speaking of which, did you ever get anyone to remove that Samurai sword from your squeezebox after that Jewish-Japanese bar mitzvah you played last weekend?

"My Lady Of Okinawa" was a GREAT hit!

"Red Sun Over Pearl Harbor"... not so much. :? (thus the sword incident, which - thanks for asking - is healing up rather nicely. That's what I get for playing my squeezebox with my Ninja outfit on :P

Anyway, here's the bottom line: No one who knows when Logic 10 will be released is allowed to talk about it. End of story. You will find out when it's released when myself and the rest of the general public does.

[edited for stuuupppit spelling errors]

How was I suppose to know the release information was farcical. I read what Johno wrote, it seemed honest and so I took it face value. And yes I read the thread, and just because David has an opinion on the release date, doesn't make it so . Yes, i was being sarcastic myself in my comment,but only to moke those who spread bad information. I'll just wait patiently for the release I guess :shock:

I'm sure! That one, and the 7/8 version of "The Girl from Ipanema" are my favorites! BTW, are you familiar with that version? OK, that's a trick question. I'm actually doing a little bit of shameless self-promotion by mentioning it. It's my arrangement of the Jobim classic, geared towards the A.D.D. crowd so that they can get to "Aah" a little quicker.

I'm sure! That one, and the 7/8 version of "The Girl from Ipanema" are my favorites! BTW, are you familiar with that version? OK, that's a trick question. I'm actually doing a little bit of shameless self-promotion by mentioning it. It's my arrangement of the Jobim classic, geared towards the A.D.D. crowd so that they can get to "Aah" a little quicker.

Shouldn't that be "The Girl From Hiroshima"?

• 1 month later...

haha, that was funny!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nostradamus,The Prophesies...’...and in the year 2011, in a city by a sea*, on the first day after the winter**, from the tree of the apple shall grow the tenth fruit of the tenth branch***. Totally.’

A bit vague, but hey, that’s his style

*Cupertino

**1st February (woohoo!).

***Logic