Any estimated release date on LS 10

Reed

Morons ... iLife 11 was released in 2010, which obviously means Logic 10 will be released in 2009.

Hah. Nice try. This would only make sense if Logic was named as the other Apple stuff, i.e. iLogic. But wait. Maybe you have a point there.

Christian

It's GarageBand, not iGarageBand (I'm trying to make the blank space before GarageBand bold, but my Mac seems to be broken), but since Logic 10 wasn't released last year, and Logic 9 wasn't released in 2008, I must be wrong. Let's develop another theory ...

Logic 9 was released in 2009. iWork '11 (which contains stuff that doesn't begin with 'i') will be released in 2011. Which means ... Logic 10 mustl be released in 2010.

There, now you all know it, bow for me. Logic 10 will be released within 3 or 4 days (depends on where you live).

Hi

A different thought:

With the upcoming app store for Mac maybe apple will change its strategy for logic studio and instead offering one big package it will split it into smaller products. Maybe they split logic up into a basic version and sell samples , plugins and instruments in separate packages.

E.g. they also split iWorks into single apps for the AppStore for IPad and IPhone.

I'd kinda assume after launch of the app store it might soon became the only way to buy apple software for the Mac.

cheers

Maybe they'll stop the Express/Pro divisions, and instead go for a range of different Logic versions, like "Platinum", "Gold", "Silver" etc...

And yeah the plug-ins will no longer be bundled but sold as standalone AU plug-ins: ES1, ES2, Space Designer etc...

Or maybe they'll just give up on the audio features to entirely focus on the MIDI sequencing features, which are after all Logic's strong point, keep the music notation features for all the film composers, and they'll call it "Notator"?

Or maybe they'll decide to strip all the music notation features (after all, how many people still read music, huh?) and decide to call it "Creator"?

Maybe they'll make it compatible with Atari computers?

:lol:

• 3 months later...
I'm guessing logic 10 won't b released for about 6 to 8 months after Lion. There is nothing new or interesting that can be added to a new release. So they wil implement all the new features and build it around Lion. I would think that since it will follow the features of Lion you will prolly see an iPad version considering GarageBand is out for iPad and it is really low on features such as midi editing. Typical apple will add those features to an upgraded application for more money. Just a thought

Typical apple will add those features to an upgraded application for more money. Just a thought

That's Microsoft's MO, not Apple's…? :?

Sorry bro no way both of them do this.. You are telling me that apple has never added a feature and not charged for it? I seem to have paid for every upgrade from apple. If there is something I dont know about please let me in on it. :roll:

• 1 month later...
I know someone who works on the Logic team at apple and they told me yesterday over coffee that LP10 is due to be released on 10/10/2010. New features will include:

• auto-mix - pass in your favourite track and it will mix your song to sound like that.
  • auto-accompaniment - sing your melody and logic will add synths, drums and guitar parts for you automatically, choosing the most appropriate harmony.
  • melodyne-style auto-tune
  • no less than 6 more software instruments
  • The full VSL cube as standard.
  • The installation will give you back 16GB of hard disk space

The long term plan is to merge the pro apps into the iLife range, offering a "pro" upgrade under the brand title "garage band pro". Similarly, Final Cut Pro will be renamed to "iMovie Pro". Exciting times!! They expect the merging process to begin early 2012.

keep this quiet, as they're not supposed to tell anyone and my friend might get in trouble.

Reed, since it appears you might have been serious with this question, all we can do is look at the past to predict the future. Logic 8 came out about 2 years after Logic 7, and Logic 9 came out about 2 years after Logic 8, my guess is - well Logic 9 has been out about 6 months - Logic 10 is about 1 year 1/2 away?

Ok, just like the apocalypse dude did (poor guy, he was convinced it was going to happen), I may have got my dates wrong. New information has come to light and the new date is July 15th 2011.

Fader8....erm, an un-named logic developer....has also added that you should be expecting some awesome iPad integration (no specifics though).

logic 10 ?? tried it...it's crap...time to move to profools 9

Nah, you should give 10 another chance. Check out the Convert Region to Ringtone function. And the new Channel Strip Loudification Algorithms - everything is 20%. Louder. Expecially your beats yo.

logic 10 ?? tried it...it's crap...time to move to profools 9

Nah, you should give 10 another chance. Check out the Convert Region to Ringtone function. And the new Channel Strip Loudification Algorithms - everything is 20%. Louder. Expecially your beats yo.