Live mode OFF

EYNAN

Imagine having dozens or hundreds of tracks and having to work this way.

I noted that this is more relative to the Multi Player mode where the Logic sequencer input is limited to one Port 16ch only. Anyway many live play users will be happy to "free up" their mind from sending dummy messages before hand and can combine some modes as well PC etc.

About the "hundreds of tracks", I'm working on a "gear" which can kill Main Stage with smooth Software Instrument live PC change plus Bank Change - i.e you can use the all 256 Instruments via Bank and PC messages etc, but this is another topic...

It's difficult to understand what you're trying to say. It's unclear whether your environment is supposed to be a Logic 'replacement' for Mainstage or if it's to address the problem we're discussing (but in a very limited way).

If you can find a way to make any instrument track switch into Live Mode by simply selecting it then you'll have a winner on your hands. Otherwise, it seems that the simplest method -- in light of Logic's limitations -- is to select force a track into Live Mode using one of the already available methods.

It's unclear whether your environment is supposed to be a Logic 'replacement' for Mainstage

Yes regarding my previous quote about the usage of 256 Instruments via Bank +PC an a very smooth way like hardware midi devices.

or if it's to address the problem we're discussing

Here I addressed my Tip as limited to 16 Instruments cause of the Logic limitations but it can be very useful for people who want to play live ( at least the tip will care for Live Play Mode ON for the all 16ch). Hope see what is the plus ? The "Normal" mode switching was just a "Hybrid" idea of my phantasy which combines somehow "MultiPlayer" channelizing and using one controller set to a constant midi channel i.e the Complex Macro tool gives you the possibility to switch between the Instruments without switching you hardware channel plus using PC - hope you see what I mean here ?

Anyway friend, its is quite late for me - 4.38 in the morning ( I'm almost "hrrrrrrrrr". on that post).

Regards

Ivan :wink:

I agree that a preference would make everybody happy. Well, except that if we had preferences for every single feature then the Preferences window would quickly become daunting and unusable. Maybe there should be an advanced set of preferences with an "easy mode" which always returns all advanced preferences to a basic preset. Hmmm.... maybe that's a good idea?

I don't think it's a matter of preference management but rather a problem how such a global "Live mode ON" switch could be implemented. Probably the current behavior is based on some tricky low level hard-wired legacy optimization which can't simply be switched off but would require a major rewrite.

thank you very much Scandor, but as ski said, is more complicated to do this than press the "R" button.

I´m totally agree with ski, in this way Logic requires to use the mouse. when is so much better to use the cursor´s arrows (up, down).

If I select a track. (and if I´m on stop mode) the cpu activity doesn´t matter because the other tracks are in live mode OFF. so this is not a problem (I think) and so. If I "PLAY" logic the selected track turns to live mode ON, so it´s ridiculous.

I worked with cubase but for several reasons I´m trying to work with logic.

First (cubsae on OSX doesn´t work at 64 bits, and I need it for some plugins)

Second (the Logic´s synths are infinitely better than cubase).

Buts cubase works difenrent, when you select a track (you have this option to turn on or off as you wish into Cubase ´s preferences) the track have the "r" button ON. so you can play without problems. if you select several tracks, THEN, you have to select the others (good idea. ... cool).

best regards.

• 5 years later...
To keep live mode ON for a track, put a Logic utility/Audio in/out plugin in the insert slot, select the utility plugin's output 1-2 and bypass it This is a trick on the Vienna Symphonic Library site. This avoids latency problems with Logic running Vienna Ensemble Pro's Audio Input plugin or Event Input plugin.

• 3 years later...