BBC "Musicality" test

johnno

'Takes just 25 minutes' ? JUST 25 minutes ? Are they nuts ?

Christian

Chicken, chicken...

you are obviously terrified to discover you've got no musical talents or abilities whatsoever...

:mrgreen:

:idea:

I only now notice the striking/disturbing similarity between my cat and you... mmm...

Well, my ears are not that hairy, ok ?

That I don't have any musical talent whatsoever was never a question, else I'd frequent a forum about composition instead of a forum where folks discuss how to make their mixes louder in iTunes. By the way, what are you doing here ? :P

Christian

I much rather listen to you guys' music than look at you guys' test results...

There you go, Me drumming, production, mixdown and parts of recording:

Christian

Much appreciated! Very crisp, very (in a good way) 80ies, nicely spread mix, very open, despite the busy music. Immediately promoted to my current playlist.

8)

81 to 90,strictly speaking.

Or do you count from the 0th beat (0,1,2,3 in 4/4)?

:wink:

The third number decides which -ies it is. 1980 is not seventies. 1990 is not 80ies, etc. I can be pedantic too! Ha! ;)

There is no 0th beat, except maybe in a certain John Cage piece... 8)

And besides, a two syllable count in number (zero) can be confusing.

Strictly speaking the start of the new decade always ends with the number 1.

So the last year of the 70's was in fact 1980, sorry to get involved…

From tinternet

In a technical sense, 2011 does start the new decade. It works this way because in the Julian Calendar, there is no year zero. In our calendar, it goes from year 1 B.C. to year 1 A.D. There is no year in between. Therefore, if you count by tens starting from year one, each new decade ends with the number one. For example, 1+10=11. Clearly if you repeat that over and over, you will end up with 2011 starting the new decade.

Some people will say that decades start with a zero because, for example, the sixties were from 1960 to 1969. It is true that the sixties were from 1960 to 1969, but that doesn't agree with the fact that there was no year zero, so technically that is wrong.

So when someone says "sixties" they are referring to the years 1960 through 1969. But when a decade really starts in the technical sense, the last number will always be one.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Does_2010_or_2011_start_the_new_decade#ixzz1Avzm08eX

81 to 90,strictly speaking.

Or do you count from the 0th beat (0,1,2,3 in 4/4)?

:wink:

The third number decides which -ies it is. 1980 is not seventies. 1990 is not 80ies, etc. I can be pedantic too! Ha! ;)

There is no 0th beat, except maybe in a certain John Cage piece... 8)

And besides, a two syllable count in number (zero) can be confusing.

Nowt,one,two,three....

The point being the first year was year one.

Not year zero.

Same as the first beat is one.

1st of January year 1 to end of last moment of 31st of December year 10 is 10 years exactly,therefore the second decade begins at the beginning of 1st of January year 11.

See?

Ruari? Are you a Northerner,perchance?

:D