BBC "Musicality" test

johnno

81 to 90,strictly speaking.

Or do you count from the 0th beat (0,1,2,3 in 4/4)?

:wink:

The third number decides which -ies it is. 1980 is not seventies. 1990 is not 80ies, etc. I can be pedantic too! Ha! ;)

There is no 0th beat, except maybe in a certain John Cage piece... 8)

And besides, a two syllable count in number (zero) can be confusing.

Nowt,one,two,three....

The point being the first year was year one.

I'm going to have to stop you right there, that is but a choice to call it that. You can call the starting point zero, one or whatever you like. It is the only thing that is completely arbitrary. Yadayadayada Don't get me wrong, I understand the reasoning, but in the end it is reason that prevails over logic in these matters, yadayadayadarubarbrubarb and zero is both unreasonable and illogical, so... rubarb

Also, zero doesn't exist that long yet - there were times when zero did not exist anywhere, yadayadabla blahyada most of the time, actually.... or at best as blahblahblah just the negation of one... and even now zero blabla is only known to exist in the mind of man. 'n sht. Nowaddamean?

I opt to keep it simple and commonsensical. Blah Blah hahahayadayadarubarb

So what you hear is what you get. Hence my mathimatically wayward way of decadising. Just say a year, and I'll tell you the cultural decade.

The rest is just intellectual banter-gaming, seen that the whole decadising phenomenon is mainly about (popular) culture, about our memories, and about entertainment media needing a coathanger for their content, just in case they're not amusing us to death enough. Rubarb.

http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/smoking-030.gif

You can call the starting point zero, one or whatever you like. It is the only thing that is completely arbitrary.

and zero is both unreasonable and illogical, so... rubarb

I opt to keep it simple and commonsensical. . Rubarb.

http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/smoking-030.gif

You were the one starting at 0 !

Rhubarb.

Rabarber.

:shock:

Naa naa na naa naaa

198154841_Picture4.png.063d34bd1ed6a8db5133c620dd02f789.png

Collage by Scott Jackson. Images borrowed.

http://www.gifanatics.com/files/jpicstrdjjsRjN2RlEzg.gif

I still have a sore jaw from my recent visit to the dentist, you shouldn't make me laugh like that.

-

"Not everyone in New York would pay to see Andrew Lloyd-Webber."

Quote at 1'59"

ps: Sorry for the nofidelity - but these are "my" Kiwi Beatles. Saw them live twice here, in the nineties. Classic band, to me. Note how you can understand the lyrics clearly, in spite of the nofi. :)