Editing Apple Loops

David Nahmani

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
An easier way in Logic 8 is to select the wanted Apple Loop region/regions and press "ctrl+L". It converts the Apple Loop into an audio file.

The idea here is to edit your Apple Loops, not to convert it to an audio file.

Huh? i'm confused...doesn't your method convert it to an audio file first and then back to an apple loop?

Huh? i'm confused...doesn't your method convert it to an audio file first and then back to an apple loop?

No. There's no conversion going on at any time. You just change a single tag in the original AIFF file (the File Type tag, as instructed in the original post).

Ok, but isn't what's happening here though that you're making it into a new file (that's what i meant by conversion)?

Anyway, i found that when i follow your method that after 'step 1' the region then goes 'out of time' in the arrange (in that it jumps back to its original tempo). Which is kinda annoying 'cause you can't quite follow how what you've done will sound like with everything else in the track until you resave it as 'looping'...(unless i'm doing sthg wrong here?)

So, my suggestion is, rather than 'Audio > Convert Regions to new Audio Files' instead go Region > Add to apple loops library first. Then, drag that new one out of your apple loops library into where you want it in the arrange and then do the 'non-looping' etc. thing...This way you can edit it in with the original song tempo etc.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Sorry to reopen this thread, but I can't figure this out on Logic Pro X. However, I wanted your opinion on this.

I can't find Audio > Convert Regions to new Audio Files in Logic Pro X. However, I found Edit > Convert > Convert To New Audio File(s). By using this function I changed the .CAF to .AIFF. Before I did this, I was unable to edit it or open the loop in the Apple Loops Utility. After I did this, I was able to edit it and open it in Apple Loops Utility. When I did, I found it was already set to non-looping. After, I was done editing, I converted it back to .CAF, but I was still able to edit it.

I'm fine with this, but I want to make sure I'm doing this correctly and not messing up the quality or functionality of the Apple Loop. Especially since I'm converting to an audio file and a few years back you said this isn't what we were trying to achieve:

An easier way in Logic 8 is to select the wanted Apple Loop region/regions and press "ctrl+L". It converts the Apple Loop into an audio file.

The idea here is to edit your Apple Loops, not to convert it to an audio file.

I'm always wanting to do this the "right way" which is why I'm asking. If you could give the proper way to do this in Logic Pro X I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
Sorry to reopen this thread, but I can't figure this out on Logic Pro X. However, I wanted your opinion on this.

I can't find Audio > Convert Regions to new Audio Files in Logic Pro X. However, I found Edit > Convert > Convert To New Audio File(s). By using this function I changed the .CAF to .AIFF. Before I did this, I was unable to edit it or open the loop in the Apple Loops Utility. After I did this, I was able to edit it and open it in Apple Loops Utility. When I did, I found it was already set to non-looping. After, I was done editing, I converted it back to .CAF, but I was still able to edit it.

!

hey... youre the only one that posted my same dilemma! I just bought this program and cant do something as simple as reversing the audio file. Can you please tell me what you did? This thread needs to be updated and and the admin didnt respond. I would imagine that Logic pro x is much different. Thank you!