create a copy of the loop i'm currently in [SOLVED]

Deepraker

It's certainly open for misinterpretation…

In Logic with the region selected in the arrange window press "L" now you will have created aliases which loop infinitely until the end of the track or they meet another region, any changes you make in the original loop will be reflected in all the other loops associated with it.

If you require one real copy & not an alias then try Cmd+R then select 1 when it asks how many times.

Apologies if I have misunderstood your question

yes sorry but i was not clear: i speak about the locators (you know the green line on the top of the arranger): can i copy the regions in between these locators, for all the tracks of course, and paste those regions by inserting them after the right locator?

Now this is a question that I can understand.

Set up the Cycle Locators "the green line on the top of the arranger". In the Arrange choose Edit>Select Inside Locators then choose Edit> Cut/Insert Time>Repeat Section Between Locators

yes sorry but i was not clear: i speak about the locators (you know the green line on the top of the arranger): can i copy the regions in between these locators, for all the tracks of course, and paste those regions by inserting them after the right locator?

Thank you :wink:

Yes: click the "Repeat Section" button in your toolbar.

Key command "L" loops it till the end of the track.

You can resize with the loop tool:

http://documentation.apple.com/en/logicexpress/usermanual/Art/S11/S1177_ARR_LoopUsingMouse.png

Just place the pointer tool in the area shown in the pic, and it will turn into the loop tool.

In your case, you could just click with the loop tool at the end of bar 32 to cut the looped region short.

J.

thanks jordito,

to be honest I know this technique and I was looking for some key-command or a button.

Actually I'm trying to make my operations (looping, copying, zooming ....) in Logic more fast and looking for all possible ways to speed it up.

I would be very much obligated for some links of this information!!

Thanks!