program changes with note ons

L Hall

I'm hoping someone can help me. I want to create a transformer that will allow me to place program change messages in a track in real time using note ons - basically a keyswitch type of situation to change programs in a Band Instrument in Kontakt 2.

I've created a transformer that does switch programs when I depress the key, but when I release the key, the program switches back to the default. In other words, it's a temporary switch. I need the key on to change the program without the key up switching it back. The transformer sits between the multi-instrument out and the audio instr strip with Kontakt.

Any takers?

Thanks Brian. I think I've actually figured it out. I created an extra transformer to filter out the key offs on just the range of the keyswitches. Actually a very simple device, but it's going to be very powerful. I'll be able to create keyswitch programs in a Bank in Kontatk so quickly!

If I can figure out how to do it, I'll share the macro once I've got it working perfectly.

Here's another question. Right now I have to create a multi instrument in the environment and open it in the arrange page. I cable from the multi to the switcher macro and then to the audio instrument in the mixer page. Is there a way to not have to use the multi? Is there any way to do a sort of effect insert on an audio instrument using my keyswitch macro?