Applying Logic's Audio effects to Audio instrument tracks

Dante310

Hey guys, I am pretty new to logic so sorry if this is a basic question. I've noticed that on audio channels, there are a number of different insert preset effects in the channel strip menu than there are for audio instrument tracks. I'm wondering if there is any way to apply such audio track preset effects to an audio instrument channel once I have it open...the only way I've found to do this so far is to bounce an audio instrument's track to audio and then import it as an audio track, but this is not only time consuming but a pain if i then need to go back and edit midi notes or whatnot. any easier way to do this?

if you load up the mixer and look at the channels there, you can hold your mouse over the effect inserts that you have on your existing channel, hold down the apple key(command) and then hold down the option key together you can now drag the plug in to the new channel, duplicating it. if you just do the apple(command) key, it will move the plug in to the new location.

you could also try, (and I haven't done this, but its worth a short) going into the library folder and copying the channel strip files into the directory for audio strips... don't know if it will just ignore the instrument when loaded, or just not load or crash... worth a shot tho.